Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfertje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
A ipad has a exchange 2003 account setup and a iphone has the same settings for exchange account. It is supposed to be push but i have noticed that the Ipad and Iphone both show the number of new email when starting the email client on both devices. So it retrieves the email when starting the application. At my knowledge the email should be synchronised in the background, but it isn't is this to fix?

It is IOS 6.1 in both devices..

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
A ipad has a exchange 2003 account setup and a iphone has the same settings for exchange account. It is supposed to be push but i have noticed that the Ipad and Iphone both show the number of new email when starting the email client on both devices. So it retrieves the email when starting the application. At my knowledge the email should be synchronised in the background, but it isn't is this to fix?

It is IOS 6.1 in both devices..

Date of purchase for these devices?
What email account are you using with exchange?

surfertje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
synchronise

Date of purchase for these devices?
What email account are you using with exchange?

What exactly do you mean by what email account? It is a bussines exchange 2003 account. The Iphone is a new one bought several weeks ago. The Ipad is 3 months old.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
What exactly do you mean by what email account?
Exchange accounts aren't the only accounts that can be set up under Exchange. Google could previously be set up with ActiveSync, for example. IIRC Hotmail and Outlook.com can be as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.