Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geoffmiles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
So I was trying to open up some space in my RAM and deleted a few daemon files...long story short I deleted one that I shouldn't have and when I rebooted my phone it got stuck at the apple logo.

My computer does not recognize it, and I cannot get it into dfu mode.

Ive heard about ssh-ing into your phone but I have no idea how to do it. and I believe I was running 6.0.1

I hope someone has a solution to this. Any help would be great.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
So I was trying to open up some space in my RAM and deleted a few daemon files...long story short I deleted one that I shouldn't have and when I rebooted my phone it got stuck at the apple logo.

My computer does not recognize it, and I cannot get it into dfu mode.

Ive heard about ssh-ing into your phone but I have no idea how to do it. and I believe I was running 6.0.1

I hope someone has a solution to this. Any help would be great.

are you sure you did DFU mode correctly? you should be able to get into DFU mode if you just deleted daemon files

geoffmiles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
are you sure you did DFU mode correctly? you should be able to get into DFU mode if you just deleted daemon files

I guess there is a chance that I did it incorrectly, can redsn0w or something like that force my phone into dfu?

geoffmiles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
The reason I don't think I messed up putting my phone into dfu is because I do it all the time with other phones.

nanolife

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
Pasadena
Did you deleted the daemons or disable it using iCleaner Pro or similar?
Do you remember which ones you got rid of?

geoffmiles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Did you deleted the daemons or disable it using iCleaner Pro or similar?
Do you remember which ones you got rid of?
I have back-ups of all of them

com.apple.appsupport.cplogd
com.apple.certui.relay
com.apple.crash_mover
com.apple.CrashHousekeeping
com.apple.DumpBasebandCrash
com.apple.DumpPanic
com.apple.marcoagent
com.apple.OTACrashCopier
com.apple.powerlog
com.apple.ReportCrash.Jetsam
com.apple.ReportCrash
com.apple.sharktrace
com.apple.syslogd

I followed this guys instructions and there were a ton of replies from other people saying it worked great. I guess I should've done more research instead of blindly listening to him.

EDIT: oh and I deleted them using ifile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.