Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Thank God mac rumors is keeping me up-to-date on "comex"'s employment status :confused::confused::confused:

RolyPolyBird

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
lol this guy is a class act.

Clearly he is boss material.

----------

Thank God mac rumors is keeping me up-to-date on "comex"'s employment status :confused::confused::confused:

Oh come on you have been on MacRumours for ten years, you know these types of articles appear. Its a humorous quickie that a lot of people will get a kick out of.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Seems arrogant to me! Forgot to reply? Never liked Android?

What does not liking Android have to do with arrogance? There's a lot to not like about android, including the fact that doing something as simple as highlighting text and hitting the delete key while trying to correct a typo here randomly deletes other, non-highlighted text.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Good luck to him, he's had / going to have really good experience. He's lucky to have worked at great companies. I'm sure he has learnt a lot.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
If this guy is so awesome, why is google only offering him an intern position?

Because he's still in college. They don't like hire for actual jobs until you have a degree.

That's part of how he screwed up the Apple gig. He was at Cupe for the summer as an intern and after he left to go back to the East Coast he was emailed an offer to continue as a 'remote intern' but didn't see the email until it was too late

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
Glad he's gone from Apple. Hopefully he didn't have any "classified" access while at Apple.

I agree, but not for the reason you're thinking of.

Hopefully now he can get back to exploiting iOS and we can go back to having a reasonably small amount of time between hardware release and jailbreak release ;)

Macyourdayy

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2011
So, on the Harry Potter theme - will he be able to defeat the evil empire or java the hut or whatever his nemesis was in those movies (or books if you prefer) ?

This new, rumored, proposed, just announced device proves Apple is doomed.

64Mario64

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
"He added on Twitter that he won't be working on Android, an operating system that he has never "like[d] enough to ever want to hack it.""

CTM :p

----------

So, on the Harry Potter theme - will he be able to defeat the evil empire or java the hut or whatever his nemesis was in those movies (or books if you prefer) ?

Hopefully he'll kill Java the Hut. Then people will stop using it, so I won't have to install it.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
So a guy who became famous for hacking iPhones has now been hired by Google? :rolleyes:

Well Google has already been caught hacking Safari so they could steal user's data. I guess now that they got kicked off being on every iPhone and saw a massive drop in data collection, they probably want to hack iOS somehow as well.

Of course when they get caught they'll just say it was a mistake and just some lone intern or something...

64Mario64

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
Well Google has already been caught hacking Safari so they could steal user's data. I guess now that they got kicked off being on every iPhone and saw a massive drop in data collection, they probably want to hack iOS somehow as well.

Of course when they get caught they'll just say it was a mistake and just some lone intern or something...

They didn't "hack" Safari in the same way a jailbreaker hacks an iPhone. Different kinds of "hacking". But Google never was on every iPhone; there was always the option, right? Not that very many people use the crappy alternatives...

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Who would wanna hack open source software? Lol

He said he wasn't working on Android. Plus, all of the Google services apps that are distributed with Android (Play Store, Gmail, etc) are proprietary not open source.

----------

Why do I have the feeling that he was hired at Google in order for them to steal the secrets of iOS?

I'm sure Apple gives interns access to all kinds of top secret stuff. I mean that would make a lot of sense.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Lupin "I'm sorry to hear about your br-- phone Harry, Is there no chance of fixing it?"

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
What does not liking Android have to do with arrogance? There's a lot to not like about android, including the fact that doing something as simple as highlighting text and hitting the delete key while trying to correct a typo here randomly deletes other, non-highlighted text.

Well, considering he's now a Google employee, it's not in his interests to publicly disparage the product!

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Why do I have the feeling that he was hired at Google in order for them to steal the secrets of iOS?

What secrets? Google seems to be doing just fine on its own.

The kid was an intern, I doubt he had access to anything much of importance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.