Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
They said I need to have original receipt or have original owner call in and request unlock. I got the phone off ebay. the rep told me the phone was purchased in 2011 and the date, but bo help. The phone is clean esn and ready to use just want to activate on tmobile. I tried to jailbreak, but I have 6.1.3 and doesn't seem to be a work around I've tried everything.. Any help would be great!

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
They said I need to have original receipt or have original owner call in and request unlock. I got the phone off ebay. the rep told me the phone was purchased in 2011 and the date, but bo help. The phone is clean esn and ready to use just want to activate on tmobile. I tried to jailbreak, but I have 6.1.3 and doesn't seem to be a work around I've tried everything.. Any help would be great!

You are better off doing it the legit way, and just pay around 8 bucks to get it unlocked. I recommend using http://atfdl.com/store/ and use the code MOTHERSDAY for 15% off.

It usually completes in a few hours if done at night. The longest is 12 hours.

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
You are better off doing it the legit way, and just pay around 8 bucks to get it unlocked. I recommend using http://atfdl.com/store/ and use the code MOTHERSDAY for 15% off.

It usually completes in a few hours if done at night. The longest is 12 hours.

Phones not activated that's fine ought? Bc. I want to activate on tmobile.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Use swiftunlocks. They only charge $1.99. No sense paying $8 when they use the same service and everyone on this site recommends swiftunlocks.

I unlocked a two week old 4S that I had just purchased at Radio Shack for use on AT&T. Best unlock service around.

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Yea paid someone on eBay, had eBay bucks anyways did it in 6 hrs works for me! Thanks guys

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
Use swiftunlocks. They only charge $1.99. No sense paying $8 when they use the same service and everyone on this site recommends swiftunlocks.

I unlocked a two week old 4S that I had just purchased at Radio Shack for use on AT&T. Best unlock service around.

just checked and it's $3.99 now

EDIT: that was for the express, regular is still $1.99

marcelo4527

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
just checked and it's $3.99 now

EDIT: that was for the express, regular is still $1.99

Yeah "Express" 1-5 hours, their good old 1-24 hour service used to unlock phones in less than 3 and they charged only 1,99

If anyone need though I can unlock at&t iphones in 20 minutes for $12 :D

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Is wifi hotspot free with tmobile $30 unlimited data and text with 100 min prepaid plan? Anyone know?

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011

No, they do not use the same service. I personally would rather pay $8 for unlock in minutes, rather then hours for $3.99. You get what you pay for.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
No, they do not use the same service. I personally would rather pay $8 for unlock in minutes, rather then hours for $3.99. You get what you pay for.

I'm sure "same service" actually means method. And if its an official unlock through iTunes, I'd day it's the same, wouldn't you?

You may be the kind of guy that needs instant gratification. Saving a couple bucks by being willing to wait a couple of hours is a no brained to me. I've waited
Longer in line for movie/ concert tickets, and occasionally amusement park rides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.