Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

als88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
and i need a replacement, can you'll tell me how to get a replacement from apple? i was getting out of the car and it fell down on concrete but thankfully the screen was not affected.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
if you have applecare or applecare +, you can get a replacement. if you dont, then by going into apple and lying about the crack to try to swindle them out of replacing it is just wrong. or you can be honest with them and see if they will replace it for you. warranty doesnt cover accidental damage, but applecare does.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
If u have AC+ ur all good. If u don't, and u want a replacement, it's gonna cost u $149.

Apple has been known to replace out of warranty iPad for free, but it is hit or miss. If it is new and you paid for it with a credit card, the card issuing company may have accidental coverage. You might want to look into it, OP.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
and i need a replacement, can you'll tell me how to get a replacement from apple? i was getting out of the car and it fell down on concrete but thankfully the screen was not affected.

Didn't you learn the procedure with your iPhone? Remember?

:rolleyes:

Regards,
Tom

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Apple has been known to replace out of warranty iPad for free, but it is hit or miss. If it is new and you paid for it with a credit card, the card issuing company may have accidental coverage. You might want to look into it, OP.

Yeah, but not so much anymore...if at all. When AC+ came out, out of warranty, sympathy replacements slowly disappeared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.