Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
I am facing this weird issue with my iPhone 4 which is jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1. Although I have to admit I never noticed this before so do not know from when this is occurring.
This is what happens..

1. I charge my iPhone 4 till 100% and then remove the plug. This also resets the standby and usage time.
2. I check after few hours and see that both the times are same.
3. I reboot the phone and when I check after few hours(phone idle or very very less used), the usage time is just a bit changed but the standby time is more which is an ideal scenario.
4. I keep phone for recharging and charge till 100% and the cycle starts from step 1.

I am unable to understand what the problem here is and how come a reboot always fixes this.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
usually happens when an app is constantly running in the background, therefore making usage time = standby time. rebooting force stops that app.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
So how do i exactly find what is running behind and eating battery. I was of the opinion that if i just press the home button the app goes into background for sometime and then eventually is killed and even if it still shows in the task manager (double click the home button), it is sort of inactive right ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.