Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

streetprince

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2013
So I'm thinking of getting an iphone since my droid is getting old and tired and I'm due for an upgrade. Also It would fit right in with my ipad and rMBP I really don't want to lose the customization of the droid (custom icons, ringtones, text apps etc.) Will Jailbreaking an iOS phone basically allow me to do whatever I want with an iphone? If not then I'll just get another droid.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
yes. jailbreaking will allow you to tweak your phone to great depth.

just check the "post your homescreen" thread and you'll see what people are up to.

that being said, however.

if your new phone comes with the latest iOS firmware (6.1.3) you wont be able to jailbreak.

also, the best jailbreak tweaks are paid tweaks so you should keep this in mind.

cloverfly09

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
Philippines
It will also allow you to install powerful apps. Most powerful apps like spying apps requires jailbreaking. Jailbreaking basically adds more features to iphones and ipads.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi,

Just wanted to add that not all the best tweaks are paid for ones.

For example : f.lux and jellylock.

Other tweaks costs are very minimal.

The whole point to me is that jail-breaking breaks the idevice free from Apples closed sandboxed iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.