Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaugustino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
I have a iphone 4 running ios 4 on a mac. I have a lot of apps. So much im on my last. Page heh. I havnt synced my phone in a few months. And now i got to upgrade to ios 5 or 6

My question is. Is there a way to clear out itunes and only sync the apps from my phone. Since i have old apps from itunes that i dont want to sync back to my iphone. Going through itunes and removing the apps i dont want first will take forever

Mdkcheatz

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2013
the Milky Way galaxy
Well I shouldn't really be giving advice because honestly I hate itunes and everything it stands for so my opinion can and will be very biased.

I hate it so much I installed MewSeek and other apps to completely wipe away the need for itunes altogether. Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish and for what purpose

I too have a great deal of apps on my iphone. In fact, I've beyond maxed out the number of apps that can fill the main board (possibly 3 fold). So I had to use SBSettings to hide all the icons for apps I don't regularly use. That way I now have a page and a half of free icon space.

That's all jailbroke talk anyhow.

I suggest just toughing it out and deleting the apps one by one since that's all Apple seems to have allowed for you. Idk why you don't just delete them directly off your iphone in the normal Settings app. That would be quicker than itunes and you can see which apps are taking up more capacity to free up the most amount of space.

kaugustino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
I just ended up deleting the stuff out of itunes. Did a sync, then upgraded the ios. Then did another sync for the updated apps.

Can i get a mod to close this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.