Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHeartapple2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I have a 3rd gen Apple TV and it has been doing just fine until the last firmware update. Now it seems every week I am restarting the unit because it looses its internet connection. This unit is using ethernet that is plugged into my Apple Time Capsule. It seems this problem has existed for quite some time now and Apple still hasn't issued a fix. Anyone found a fix?

ttNB

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Nor' Jersey & New York (Twi-State)
I had the same issue. If its under warranty or apple care, call up and explain, or just take it down to apple like i did and say it just blanks out on me whie watching shows. They gave me a new one, and have'nt has any issues since then. Good luck.:cool:

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
It's a known issue, and it doesn't matter if it's in or out of warranty - take it to (or phone) Apple and they'll replace it :).

jota73

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2006
South America
I have a 3rd gen Apple TV and it has been doing just fine until the last firmware update. Now it seems every week I am restarting the unit because it looses its internet connection. This unit is using ethernet that is plugged into my Apple Time Capsule. It seems this problem has existed for quite some time now and Apple still hasn't issued a fix. Anyone found a fix?

check this thread

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
My Apple TV has stopped AirPlay many times from my Mac mini due to when my time capsule starts a back up from my Mac mini. I have spoken to AppleCare about this and they say this is correct as the their is to much information from the my Mac mini to my time capsule to be able to allow AirPlay to work as well. I have had connection problems with my iPad AirPlay to Apple TV stops when my Mac mini backs up to the time capsule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.