Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vuddha

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
I received my new IMAC:
27"/3.4QC/4x8GB/768/680MX/WLKB
And purchased A Samsung 506AB and Want to know how to hook it up, it has a double USB 2.0 connection on one side of the cable. and want to know if I connect one or two connections to my IMAC USB 3.0. also I was looking for a MAC manual also. Is there any one out there that can Help me?

hundleton1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
Wales UK
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd hijack this one :)

Just got a new 27" iMac and ned a drive, looking at the se-506ab but have a question , does cd and DVD burning work natively on ML just like the SuperDrive ?

I understand I'd need Toast for BR burning but I'm mostly interested in normal DVD and Cd

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd hijack this one :)

Just got a new 27" iMac and ned a drive, looking at the se-506ab but have a question , does cd and DVD burning work natively on ML just like the SuperDrive ?

I understand I'd need Toast for BR burning but I'm mostly interested in normal DVD and Cd

the se-506BB is the newer model of this drive and is less expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SE-506BB-TSBD-External-Blu-ray/dp/B00AO1XFM0/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

ive burned dvd and 25 gb data blue ray discs without special software using this drive.it also has only 1 usb plug thats it.

they also offer this drive in white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.