Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shigatashway

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
I recently created a bootcamp partition with windows 7 on my retina pro. I installed the latest drivers, and am noticing a frustrating trend when logging into windows. The login window will pop up and everything looks like it's loaded, but I have to wait to start typing in the password, as for about 5-8 seconds the keyboard is unresponsive. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know if there is a remedy for this?

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
I recently created a bootcamp partition with windows 7 on my retina pro. I installed the latest drivers, and am noticing a frustrating trend when logging into windows. The login window will pop up and everything looks like it's loaded, but I have to wait to start typing in the password, as for about 5-8 seconds the keyboard is unresponsive. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know if there is a remedy for this?

What kind of keyboard are you using? USB/Bluetooth/wireless, etc.? If you are going through an Apple Cinema Display or Thunderbolt Display, try connecting directly to the computer and see if it responds faster.

ffohwx

macrumors member
May 7, 2010
Fairfield, Ohio
I've had the same problem since I set up Bootcamp a couple of years ago on my 2011 MacBook Pro. Again with the built-in keyboard. If I have a USB keyboard plugged in, the delay does not carry over to it. I've never tried a Bluetooth keyboard.

magicsleeper

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2008
Belgium, Gent
I have the same problem with Windows 8 pro.
To get around this problem, try pushing the right arrow key and after that you can type your password.
Strange but it works for me :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.