Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Friday was your deadline? What did you decide?

I accepted it.

I figure I want a fall back and if something better happens, so be it. If not, I have a job lined up. I decided now is not a good time for me to pursue a phd as I am tired of being a student and the research doesn't quite motivate me. Besides, I want to start my career.

Thanks all for your insights as it was appreciated:) I believe my decision best looks out for my interests in the meantime.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I accepted it.

I figure I want a fall back and if something better happens, so be it. If not, I have a job lined up. I decided now is not a good time for me to pursue a phd as I am tired of being a student and the research doesn't quite motivate me. Besides, I want to start my career.

Thanks all for your insights as it was appreciated:) I believe my decision best looks out for my interests in the meantime.

Congrats! Hopefully you'll be able to find a job more in line with what you ultimately want, but a job is almost always better than no job.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I accepted it.

Good to hear, that's the right choice...now don't get lazy, keep looking for a much better job. 80+ hours per week not using your masters is not where you want to be. If nothing else comes along, so be it, you can still pay your bills, if something else comes along, take that.

Look out for yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.