Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brasstacks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
I have just purchased the Macbook Lite..Air. It is OK, but I am having an extreme problem. I have downloaded HOTSPOTSHIELD, and it works. But no web page will load.I have tried everything...removed my firewall,turned off private browsing,allowed every plug in and turned off stealth mode. I simply cannot get it to work.

(2) Same problem with Adobe..I downloaded the program and it says that it is running, but I can only watch a few youtube programs, the others stating that I need to install the Adobe system!

HELP>>>I am a novice!!!!!!!

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I have just purchased the Macbook Lite..Air. It is OK, but I am having an extreme problem. I have downloaded HOTSPOTSHIELD, and it works. But no web page will load.I have tried everything...removed my firewall,turned off private browsing,allowed every plug in and turned off stealth mode. I simply cannot get it to work.
(2) Same problem with Adobe..I downloaded the program and it says that it is running, but I can only watch a few youtube programs, the others stating that I need to install the Adobe system!

HELP>>>I am a novice!!!!!!!

Wow, never saw I thread with more contradictions and mistakes than this one.
The one thing which is correct though is "I am a novice".

1. It is Macbook Air, not Mac Airbook nor "Macbook Lite..Air"

Can't help with this other than correcting you.:p

2. It is OK-But you are "having an extreme problem".

:confused:

3. "I have downloaded HOTSPOTSHIELD, and it works",---I simply cannot get it to work.

It works but not. :p Get rid of it.

4. Same problem with Adobe..I downloaded the program and it says that it is running, Flash does not say it runs.

Install Flash from Adobe.

Last edited:

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I have downloaded HOTSPOTSHIELD, and it works. But no web page will load.I have tried everything...removed my firewall,turned off private browsing,allowed every plug in and turned off stealth mode. I simply cannot get it to work.
Remove HotSpotShield. VPNs are not really necessary. Most connections to sensitive websites are done using https, which provides encryption to protect against eavesdroppers on public wifi.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
1. Why are you using Hotspot Shield? There's not really that much point in using VPN.

2. Your MacBook Air (the name is printed on the lid :p) does not come with Adobe flash player installed by default. You need to download the plugin in order to get it to work

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
The nice thing is, VPN's can be configured without extra software, it is build into OS X, just go to Network Preferences and click the + sign, then VPN in the drop down menu.
Hotspotshield is not needed at all.

Brasstacks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
MacBook Air

Thanks, but can some one walk me through this mess! I still cannot get to first base!

----------

I have download Adobe 5 times and I see the icon,but I cannot watch Youtube or other video programs.

I need a proxy server. My computer tells me that it can not configure or open with the prox server! Help!

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Thanks, but can some one walk me through this mess! I still cannot get to first base!

----------

I have download Adobe 5 times and I see the icon,but I cannot watch Youtube or other video programs.

I need a proxy server. My computer tells me that it can not configure or open with the prox server! Help!

....did you install flash? You don't just download it and let it sit on your desktop, you have to actually install it.

And why do you need a proxy server?

Brasstacks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Proxy server

Why do you close the curtains when you take a shower or engage in sexual intercourse? If you are not using a proxy server, I have learned,you are fair game for a hacker or otherwise busy body. SO can you help out?

----------

Yes I have gone through the installantion process 5 times. No luck.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Why do you close the curtains when you take a shower or engage in sexual intercourse? If you are not using a proxy server, I have learned,you are fair game for a hacker or otherwise busy body. SO can you help out?

----------

Yes I have gone through the installantion process 5 times. No luck.

Network>Advanced>Proxies. (See Screenshot)

As for hackers, NO ONE can get into your Mac remotely without your consent!
You REALY do NOT need a proxy.

As for Flash, do you have any plugins enabled in Safari?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 22.06.30.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 22.06.30.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 115

Brasstacks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Thanks

Yes I know that function. Do I go to a free proxy server list and insert an address there?

ADOBE..Please tell me where I can see the drivers. Thanks for your help.

Brasstacks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Last Year

I am a sales person for precious metals. Last year while on Skype,I heard a very loud electronic interference signal, so did my customer. Over the next thirty days I heard this same interference signal about 4 times an hour. WOW! The next thing I knew, my competitors had my appointments and customer names. Went to an Apple expert who confirmed it. He had to revamp the computer. This past December, you can read my other post, while on normal E Bay, I was attacked again but by someone seeking confidential information from my key chain. My MAC Scan did not help. Maybe I am an exception, but I can assure you that there is a risk of being hacked or being the victim of malware. My computer expert has told me that my Apple has been the target of military grade hacking. See all of the reports from the News of The World scandal in London. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.