Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Any hockey fans out there watching the start of the playoffs tonight? Interested to hear who you guys think will go far. I'm really excited for this Blackhawks Wild series.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Thanks for reminding me to fill out my office pool bracket. :)

Glad to see the Wings made it in. I hope they can ride this momentum through the Anaheim series.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for reminding me to fill out my office pool bracket. :)

Glad to see the Wings made it in. I hope they can ride this momentum through the Anaheim series.

I feel like they will, not like being in the playoffs is new to them :rolleyes:

I was fortunate enough to see Anaheim play the Wild earlier this year. I feel Anaheim is very dangerous, highly under the radar because the Blackhawks always seem to take the spotlight this year.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I feel like they will, not like being in the playoffs is new to them :rolleyes:

I'll admit I was sweating when they were sitting below the line. I thought it was funny during Saturdays Wings/Stars game that the commentators were saying how much less pressure the playoffs would be for DET having finally made it in.

I was fortunate enough to see Anaheim play the Wild earlier this year. I feel Anaheim is very dangerous, highly under the radar because the Blackhawks always seem to take the spotlight this year.

The 'Hawks are a good team and have been for a few years now, but they always seem to get tripped up in the playoffs, so they need to finish Minn. off early. With LA winning the cup last year, I think the higher seeds are going to have to be on their toes from Game 1.

Of course, with the realignment next year, it will be interesting to see how things shake out.

If interested, here are my Rd. 1 Picks and our office pool rules:

Scoring: 1 Point for Picking winner, 2 Points for Number of Games (Picked team must win to get these points), 3 Points Max per series.

West:
Chi (5), Det (6), Van (6), Stl (7)

East:
Pit (6), Mtl (5), Was (7), Tor (7)

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Scoring: 1 Point for Picking winner, 2 Points for Number of Games (Picked team must win to get these points), 3 Points Max per series.

West:
Chi (5), Det (6), Van (6), Stl (7)

East:
Pit (6), Mtl (5), Was (7), Tor (7)

I like your picks, I would agree with you for the most part. I have Boston winning the series just because I like watching them play and haven't watched Toronto play that much this year.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
A couple of great games so far! The wild were damn close to stealing one.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch any of the games last night. Too busy unpacking from the move. But tonight... Game on!

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
GO BROONS!!!

What is this, hockey or something??:confused:

:p

I just got in from the game. Bruins were dominant and the Garden was ****in rocking. Love it. Toronto tries to play tough guy hockey.. maybe they should have realized who they were playing against. I think they woke up the bear. :D

img0511vu.jpg

:D;)

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
I just got in from the game. Bruins were dominant and the Garden was ****in rocking. Love it. Toronto tries to play tough guy hockey.. maybe they should have realized who they were playing against. I think they woke up the bear. :D

img0511vu.jpg

I tried to win tickets via text from 6 different phones from EEI. That's awesome you were there.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
As a Blackhawks fan I'm worried about the series with Minnesota. As Presidents trophy winners this year more worried. Last time the Hawks won the trophy they were eliminated in the first round by the then North Stars. I hope history doesn't repate itself. If Corey Crawford can remain consistent I see no problems taking the whole thing. That can just be my own bias though.

If St.Louis and Detroit can win their series and dump LA and Anaheim out it should be smooth sailing through the west for Chicago if they clear Minnesota.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

img0511vu.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else catch the Sharks game,,, oh man was there some hitting going on, especially in the 2nd!!! Great game!!!! Glad to see the Sharks pulled it out!

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Toronto tries to play tough guy hockey.. maybe they should have realized who they were playing against. I think they woke up the bear. :D

img0511vu.jpg

Haha I hear ya, Boston is stacked in terms of solid fighters. Anyone that has the guts to mess with Lucic is nuts! Jealous you were at the game too, btw.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Anybody see that hit in the Canadians Senators game? Scary.

Nasty result but it looked like a legal hit to me. Shoulder to shoulder. Eller should keep his head up or his teammates shouldn't put him in that position with that blind pass. Definitely shouldn't have been a major and I don't see how they called it interference if the puck was right there.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Nasty result but it looked like a legal hit to me. Shoulder to shoulder. Eller should keep his head up or his teammates shouldn't put him in that position with that blind pass. Definitely shouldn't have been a major and I don't see how they called it interference if the puck was right there.

I totally agree. That suicide pass was more his teammates fault and not the hit. Still scary to see though.

Seeing blood squirting onto the ice made me think he sliced his neck open. Apparently he just broke some facial bones and got cut up from getting knocked out and slamming the ice.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Well Gryba got suspended 2 games... :rolleyes:

I guess body checks are now illegal in the NHL. Welcome to the No Hitting League. :rolleyes::mad:

Typical Montreal bias.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

I agree just watched the hit. Ugly area to pass to... yikes.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I was kinda hoping the Islanders would have got the win today. Still want Pittsburgh to win the series tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.