Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hardballmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
I find after the "Endnote X5 + Office 2011" cannot work well together on Mountain lion and retina display. Because the input of words in Word file become lag!

After removing the "add-in" of Endnote from Word file, the input of Word become smooth again.

There is no problem for Excel and Powerpoint, because there is no "add-in" of Endnote in them.

Does anybody have seen the same problem?

It is really annoying!

I have tried the newest Endnote X6. I have to say X6 is a stupid version. Because:

firstly, it is very lag under Mountain lion system, very lag!

Secondly, the UI of X6 is stupid and I cannot understand why it is so complex and useless.

Thirdly, the PDF preview cannot be turn off!

Retina Macbook Pro | 2.3G | 16G RAM | 512 SSD, Mountain Lion 2.8.2.

hardballmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
I find after the "Endnote X5 + Office 2011" cannot work well together on Mountain lion and retina display. Because the input of words in Word file become lag!

After removing the "add-in" of Endnote from Word file, the input of Word become smooth again.

There is no problem for Excel and Powerpoint, because there is no "add-in" of Endnote in them.

Does anybody have seen the same problem?

It is really annoying!

I have tried the newest Endnote X6. I have to say X6 is a stupid version. Because:

firstly, it is very lag under Mountain lion system, very lag!

Secondly, the UI of X6 is stupid and I cannot understand why it is so complex and useless.

Thirdly, the PDF preview cannot be turn off!

Retina Macbook Pro | 2.3G | 16G RAM | 512 SSD, Mountain Lion 2.8.2.

Does any body know about this issue?

ArifLyon

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2013
Endnote x5 Froze my Word

I've had just installed endnote x5 yesterday and my Word froze every time I tried to open it ever since. My Mac is running on OS X 10.8.3 and my Word on Office 2011... anyone know how to solve this please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.