Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
It's a small detail,but it drives me crazy. If you have your flash always set to "off", it doesn't carry over to the camera inside the Messages app. You have to manually turn the flash off every time you try to take a photo.\

Any other annoyances or things you could see make its way in iOS 7?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Well I'll be damned. I didn't notice this. And in would say that this is likely unintentional. I would write apple about this (seriously). This is one of those things that can easily be pushed in a much smaller update.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Let's start a new thread for each feature people want in iOS7. :rolleyes:

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2011
It's a small detail,but it drives me crazy. If you have your flash always set to "off", it doesn't carry over to the camera inside the Messages app. You have to manually turn the flash off every time you try to take a photo.\

Any other annoyances or things you could see make its way in iOS 7?

I've never noticed that!!! I think If Apple was aware they would fix this in a update. You should let them know.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Well I'll be damned. I didn't notice this. And in would say that this is likely unintentional. I would write apple about this (seriously). This is one of those things that can easily be pushed in a much smaller update.

But expect them to include in the 200+ new features for iOS 7. :p

leon44

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Surely this isn't a bug at all, Apple wants it to be set to 'Auto' most of the time right?
So that it can make the best guess, and you don't need to go and turn the flash on again in the dark

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Like mentioned the flash settings carry over from the app to messages/lock screen/apps.

A toggle to turn off shutter sound permanently regardless of the phones setting on ring/vibrate.

Manual iso and white balance settings.

Built in timer with flash alert prior to picture.

Faster opening app from the lock screen even if it means getting rid of that trendy shutter effect.

And just as importantly a complete overhaul of the camera roll. It's SUCKS! It might as well be a list of file names. iOS makes no effort to automatically organize your photos. There isn't even a way to see the date when a photo was taken.

Gyrene

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
I would love to see the ability to shoot in Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, or Manual modes. If unable to shoot in Manual then at least the ability for exposure compensation.

Cameras on phones are becoming such a big part of our world that they need to offer more controls. I hate the camera deciding for me what type of scene I am shooting. I know a lot of people would hate that feature but for a photographer like myself it would be awesome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.