Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AAPLGeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
iThink Apple might want to change things up a bit this year and surprise everyone.

Dev Preview 1 for iOS 7 and OS X 10.9 in somewhere in April.

iPhone 5S announcement along with iOS 7 release date in June WWDC.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Like have WWDC in July or something.

June 10-14 is the only date available.

I highly doubt they would change the date of WWDC. Since 2007 it's been held in the first week or second week of June, so I don't see any reason why they would change it now.

If we don't see an iPhone at WWDC it'll be announced at a standalone event.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
This is going to be the most exciting WWDC for me (I've been an iOS user since September 2010). I can't wait to see what's changed in iOS 7. By the way, don't be surprised if there are drastic changes.

There have always been ideas and prototypes at Apple. Both for hardware and software. When it comes to physical design, there are limitations due to hardware which is a fixed limit. When it comes to software, things can be changed pretty fast if you have the right amount of people who know what they are doing.

Changing the design of iOS will not be a difficult task due to Ives having the final say (he and Jobs had the most power at Apple). No one will tell him no. If he wants iOS to look a certain way then it will.

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I'm really looking forward to the redesigned clock icon in iOS 7 that includes facebook integration.

On a serious note I really do hope we get something good in iOS 7.:mad:

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Is it more likely we'll see a new iPad/iPad Mini by mid year?

I doubt we'll see anything in the "spring/summer". The main reason we got the iPad 4 when we did, was to keep every iDevice consistent using the lightning cable and a (very) minor speed bump was a bonus. I feel like that's the only reason we got the iPad 4 8 months after the 3.

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Its still possible for Apple to

Show iOS 7 preview in April and then announce the iPhone 5S and iOS 7 at WWDC and then release it mid-late June.

Would fit with all the speculation so far.

Dont think iOS 7 will be radically different since Ive just hasn't had to the time to change everything.

April event for iOS 7 like back in 2010 and iOS 4? Apple could sandwich Google I/O.

April iOS 7 preview event
May Google I/O
June WWDC for iPhone 5S

schimanke

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
I found an app on the app store which will send you an automated push notification the minute Apple announces this years WWDC. You can get it here: WWDC Checker

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Already in first week of April...have to say it would be kinda late to preview iOS 7 especially if its the "total revamped UI" everyone is talking about.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
First priority is to have iOS finished and adequately tested.
Date for presentation could be June, or July.

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
First priority is to have iOS finished and adequately tested.
Date for presentation could be June, or July.

Remember WWDC is a 4 day event and Fri, Sat, and Sun are taken our automatically and WWDC always start on Mondays at least since 2007.

Dates already taken in Moscone Center:

Jun. 2 - 5
Jun. 15 - 19
Jun. 22 - 26
Jul. 9 - 11
Jul. 16 - 17
Jul. 27 - 30

So only dates that would satisfy those requirements would be:

A) Jun. 10 - 13
B) Jul. 1 - 4
C) Jul. 22 - 25

Apple since iPhone 4S has been able to start iPhone preorders/shipping about 1/1.5 week after announcing it.

Current rumors are June, July, and August for iPhone 5S release. So if Apple needs to delay they could choose C which would mean the iPhone 5S and iOS 7 shipped in August.

sqa4life

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2011
Ur not going to see a new phone in June. U might see iOS 7, but that's it. New phone to come in the fall.

I am due for an upgrade and I'll wait for the new iphone announcement by mid June. If nothing happens after that, I'll get the Samsung Galaxy S4.

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
I am due for an upgrade and I'll wait for the new iphone announcement by mid June. If nothing happens after that, I'll get the Samsung Galaxy S4.

So apparently guessing the date for WWDC involves looking at the 2nd Monday in June every year.

Also, it seems unlikely that Apple will introduce new iPhone hardware at WWDC. They're trying to finish iOS 7 and OS X 10.9 and most likely those will be the two stars at the show.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
As I believe, there will be only software based updates! No hardware will be discussed or announced by Apple. While Apple has been speculated to launch next-generation iPad 5 at WWDC 2013, because they have missed the original launch cycle.

I dont believe that is true, apple has always released refreshed macs at WWDC

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
I guess you are missing out the last OS X launches? Apple refreshed Mac's along with the launch of latest OS X in the market.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

15" MBP and MBAs have not been updated since WWDC last year which means they are due for an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.