Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
Yeah sure ... Each 4K movies will be 60GB whooping download off the iTunes. And that's one with heavy compression quality, otherwise it will be 100GB++. Who's gonna do that? Only for 2 hours of movie content?

Download 1 or 2 movies and I'd reach the cap already. Throttle time :rolleyes:
Cellular companies, cable will be old school sooner than later.
Throttling will be a thing of the past. If there is one thing they want u to do is to consume content.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Cellular companies, cable will be old school sooner than later.
Throttling will be a thing of the past. If there is one thing they want u to do is to consume content.

Yeah, well .. download caps and throttling are ways to make you consume content .. quickly.

Get pass the limit, either you need to pay for data overage, or get throttled and left behind so your network doesn't need to serve you with the full speed.
So you'd ask for more, and pay more.. Isn't that better than giving you all the data you can chew ;)

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I won't believe this till I hear it from the mouth of Apple. I think Apple will just improve the TV.

Any apple television rumours i read here are just "yeah yeah slow news day so we'll put up this ****" I know it's fud. Not even a credible rumour by the MR standards.

GregAndonian

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2010
personally I would prefer they remain focus on what they know, rather then trying to enter a market in which they really have no established mark.

They didn't have an established mark in the mobile phone market when they entered it either- and that venture seems to have worked out all right for them...

herbapou

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2011
WWDC logo

The more I look at the WWDC logo the more its becoming obvious its about a TV...

maybe not a TV set, but a new Apple TV box and software.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
They didn't have an established mark in the mobile phone market when they entered it either- and that venture seems to have worked out all right for them...

Cellphone manufacturers were caught off guard by the time iPhone and iPad was released. They never think to seriously market a full touch based devices without stylus, turned out they sell like crazy. Who would've known?

Admittedly, it was a great great success. It was once in a lifetime moment for Apple.
But now, I don't think competitors would put themselves caught off their pants again in the same situation with TVs.

But even then, OEMs learn from their mistakes, even the mighty iPhone and iPad starts becoming "just another" mass marketed smartphone and tablet in the technology jungle food chain nowadays. They're still great and appealing but market also starts to be flooded with great alternatives.

Now about the TV business, a slight rumor about Apple flatpanel TVs have made Samsung and friends rushly jump in to Smart TVs business and squeeze out all their possibilites. TV apps, smart gestures, wireless display and sharing, built in browser, quad core SoC .. basically giant tablet on a stick. As much as I hate "smart" TVs, half baked apps and their pricing options, I think they've saturated all the possibilities to make flatpanel TVs revolutionized.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
ya.. "possible" is the keyword here.

But what we all wanna know is, "Will it be affordable" .... And the answer is: No.

Only the rich will get one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.