Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I can't remember but is it common for Apple to announce new iOS builds (iOS 7) at WWDC? Or is that mainly for OS X?

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
The user agent string that the browser sends to a website server? So everybody can fake this :p

I assume if they wanted they could have new OS versions identify as the previous one. But then again, since it reveals no real info they probably don't even care.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Whoa...you mean to tell me that iOS 7 is in testing and more widespread close to WWDC? I'm shocked.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Amazing....3* mentions of Samsung in a non-Samsung article and they're all negative towards Samsung.

Either Samsung are very clever in sneaking their name into non related Apple articles or their marketing is really working and getting to people.

*make that 4 mentions with this post.:p

The Deepness

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2008
Leaked iOS 7 UI images please. :D

As eager as I am to see the new iOS 7 UI, and new Mac OS X UI for that matter, I hope we don't see any leaked UI images before WWDC. It's been a long time since we've been truly suprprised by new hardware or software introduced at an Apple event.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
News at eleven! Testing of iOS7 happening before its release. Come read about this shocking allegation.

FirstNTenderbit

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Atlanta
Suddenly someone with a new account or an account from few years ago which never posted will come out and say how un-innovative and doomed and arrogant and closed and no-widgets Apple is, and how did he jump ship to the [brand] [full product name] and with the [full feature name], he is never going back to iOS. And the reason why s/he still cares so much to post flames in MacRumors is that despite his hate for Apple he ironically uses the newest MacBook Pro.

In several moments Samsung paid trolls will be posting all over this site how this as yet unreleased OS and the new hardware that it will run on aren't innovative any more, or meant for your mother, or not cool...:rolleyes:

It won't be necessary. You two are doing a better job than they (paid trolls) could do.:D

Boomchukalaka

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Suddenly someone with a new account or an account from few years ago which never posted will come out and say how un-innovative and doomed and arrogant and closed and no-widgets Apple is, and how did he jump ship to the [brand] [full product name] and with the [full feature name], he is never going back to iOS. And the reason why s/he still cares so much to post flames in MacRumors is that despite his hate for Apple he ironically uses the newest MacBook Pro.

What is your point? I like my Apple stuff? I don't have a high frequency of post rates? That my opinion doesn't count? Seriously dude, what is your deal? Do you need a hug?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Unfortunately, since Samsung has thrown everything including the kitchen sink into their phones, people will declare Apple is copying the competition.

But if its not an original idea it is copying. I don't bash Apple for this, they've refined a lot of features that were horribly implemented in non-Apple products. However, it's true, Apple is rarely first to market with most incremental features. It tends to take its time... and we've also seen what a disaster these new features can be when Apple does rush to market.

srxtr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Not any longer. Now they are watching us watching them watch us watching them.

Jeez, thanks inscrewtable. Now they know we're watching them watch us watching them, so now they're watching us watch them watching us watch them watching us.

DanTheAppleMan

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
UK
I swear they visit sites like this deliberately, knowing full well you will post these statistics.
Subliminal marketing tactic ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.