Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I have an iPad 2 and iPhone 4 both of which are usually placed on AP mode and plugged in before I go to bed. I always find it odd how snappy they both seem when I first start to use them, especially the iPhone. This snappy feeling seems to disappear throughout the day though. God my iPhone can be slow, my android friends take great pleasure in noting how it lags when scrolling through photos for eg.

Anyone else find this?

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I don't personally notice this. But maybe as you progress thru the day more apps are left running in the background?

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I don't personally notice this. But maybe as you progress thru the day more apps are left running in the background?

Not sure really, I don't tend to close apps on my iphone or ipad when I go to bed, just whenever I feel like it, which is pretty rare to be honest

cmeisenzahl

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
I have an iPad 2 and iPhone 4 both of which are usually placed on AP mode and plugged in before I go to bed. I always find it odd how snappy they both seem when I first start to use them, especially the iPhone. This snappy feeling seems to disappear throughout the day though. God my iPhone can be slow, my android friends take great pleasure in noting how it lags when scrolling through photos for eg.

Anyone else find this?

I haven't. Maybe it's a perception thing? Later in the day are you in a place with a slower connection?

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I haven't. Maybe it's a perception thing? Later in the day are you in a place with a slower connection?

Well during college it's slower/3G but when I get home it still doesn't feel as quick as it does in the mornings but the same fast wifi as when I wake up

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Anyone else find this?
As opposed to their Android phones? ;)

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
Pretty sure it's either placebo effect, less processes so more free ram etc, or just an illusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.