Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
How can I make a link live.

Do you mean like if you paste a link into an email? If won't be clickable (live) when you paste it in, but then the email is received the recipient's email client will see it as a link and make it into a clickable link. You can send a test email to yourself and it will do the same thing.

lovematch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
Central Southern England
Do you mean like if you paste a link into an email? If won't be clickable (live) when you paste it in, but then the email is received the recipient's email client will see it as a link and make it into a clickable link. You can send a test email to yourself and it will do the same thing.

I can do this on an e-mail but when passing one to a forum it isn't live.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I can do this on an e-mail but when passing one to a forum it isn't live.

Ah... gotcha. It needs to have HTML code around the link to work. When in the message compose window click the globe I marked in my screenshot then paste the link into the popup box. That will surround your link with the HTML code required.

wuNWJto.png

lovematch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
Central Southern England
Ah... gotcha. It needs to have HTML code around the link to work. When in the message compose window click the globe I marked in my screenshot then paste the link into the popup box. That will surround your link with the HTML code required.

I have an Apple Mountain lion Computer and doesn't show these setting as explained.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have an Apple Mountain lion Computer and doesn't show these setting as explained.

It will be there if you click reply to my message it will look like the screenshot below. Other forums may look a little different, but they all have some variation of this same setup.

Just to clarify, you are asking about posting a link here in this forum?

SeKYFgG.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.