Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rantingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois
I thought it humorous that while the vast majority of apple consumers/customers take delivery of packages of iPhones, iPads and the like, that dont weigh as much as a Number one meal at McDonalds while I took delivery of my new Mac Pro that weighed 65 Lbs that the DHS Delivery girl couldn't get up my front steps. LOL!

:)

Mactrunk

macrumors regular
May 12, 2005
Yes, I find it funny/ironic too.

So much of Apple's money is made from essentially disposable products.
Tiny slabs that are great when you get them and then become less and less valuable week by week.

Congratulations on having that heavy box delivered to your door.
I wish you much fun and inspiration with your new Mac Pro.

rantingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois
had to

Yes, I find it funny/ironic too.

So much of Apple's money is made from essentially disposable products.
Tiny slabs that are great when you get them and then become less and less valuable week by week.

Congratulations on having that heavy box delivered to your door.
I wish you much fun and inspiration with your new Mac Pro.

Well I had to. For one I know APPLE was waiting for me to buy one of the now aged MACPROS. See apple monitors my life and waits for me to finally BUY an already old out of dated and over priced machines THEN they will release the brand new ones.

NEWS FLASH! Expect the release of the newest MACPROs as I recently took delivery of the current ones!!!!:mad:

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
I have my ear plugs in. Hey, I thought Sabbath was plying here!:cool:

I've never needed earplugs as much as when I went to see Yngwie Malmsteen in... wait for it... a tiny 4,000 seat theater. I thought for sure he would tone it down in such a small venue. Errr, I think he actually turned it up! As in ouch!

Boomhowler

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
I've never needed earplugs as much as when I went to see Yngwie Malmsteen in... wait for it... a tiny 4,000 seat theater. I thought for sure he would tone it down in such a small venue. Errr, I think he actually turned it up! As in ouch!

Yngwie and "tone it down" is an oxymoron :) If anyone's Spinal Tap IRL, it's him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.