Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
Does the app lag on anybody else's iphone 5? This is the only app that lags on my
Phone. I thought they resolved the lag issue on the last update.

Last edited:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Lag seems to catch up after every update somehow. For me, I get terrible lag when tapping on a picture to see it full screen. It almost always takes more than a second, and maybe 5% of the time can take over ten seconds. Pretty annoying.

BoostDeuce

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2013
Its barely usable

like 3 or 4 stories will show up, then the rest will be blank white boxes
when they finally show up, you click to see the picture or the comments posted to a status and it takes like 5 minutes for it to come up.

Its very bad.

eddyecb

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
yup, same here, when clicking to see comments it takes like 5 seconds to respond

not jailbroken here

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Same here. It recently just started happening about 2 weeks ago? Before that it was fine. I don't remember updating the app though..

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
It's obnoxious on my non jailbroken 4S. It's seems like they fix it then slowly update it until its terrible again. It's fine on my Android devices so I'm sure they will roll out an update to fix it (couple months).

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yeah I'm getting the lag where only a few stories show up and the rest have blank white boxes. It just started happening recently.

iPhone 5 ios 6.1.2

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I found that it would be unresponsive for around 1-2 minute when I first open Facebook and am on mobile data. Never experienced the unresponsiveness when on wifi. It works perfectly after that first open up though (I don't keep it backgrounded in my multitasking bar)

I downgraded back to 5.6 and haven't had a problem since (saved my ipa file when it got moved to the recycle bin so I could just reinstall it should I not like the 6.0+ updates as Facebook updates back then were just horrible; still have facebook 3.2.3 on my iPod touch 2nd gen :p)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.