Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knockworstface

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2013
Subway used to have a decent hamburger/cheeseburger sub roughly 10 years ago that was actually pretty good. Wish they would bring that one back. Screw their meatball sub. That thing sucks.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Ok, I'm in high school. In the summer, I don't just sit at home all day. Me and my friends hang out at the park. I don't want my iPhone 5 to get broken, so in the summer if I can find one, I will use an iPhone 4. Also, in downgrading to 5.1.1 because of 1. I'm a jailbreaker and that is the best firmware for jailbreaks IMO, and also because my first iPhone was an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1.

Ok, I understand.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Ok, I'm in high school. In the summer, I don't just sit at home all day. Me and my friends hang out at the park. I don't want my iPhone 5 to get broken, so in the summer if I can find one, I will use an iPhone 4. Also, in downgrading to 5.1.1 because of 1. I'm a jailbreaker and that is the best firmware for jailbreaks IMO, and also because my first iPhone was an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1.

If you've already upgraded the 4 to ios6, you need SHSHs to downgrade. Also, iOS 6 has gotten a lot better for JBing since the 5's jailbreak came out.

TonsOfFun420

macrumors member
May 10, 2012
You people are clearly all insane... the best subway sandwich is obviously: Turkey bacon avocado on italian herb and cheese bread. American cheese, bacon extra crispy, lettuce, bell peppers, pickles, olives, onions, salt & pepper.

flybub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2011
Well, I really love my iPhone 4. I keep trying different phones but for some reason I always come back to the iPhone. The last stint I had was on th HTC Rezound that was rooted running CM10 and I used it exclusively for about 3 months. However, the bugs just got to be too much. So back on the i4 and glad to be back.

As for Subway, I'll take the Club with lettuce, chipotle sauce and sweet onion sauce.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Big Philly cheesesteak with jalepenios, black olives, and onions. Footlong, like a boss.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
What jailbreak feature/app do you love/need so much that it using iPhone 4 over your 5?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but Subway sucks! The worlds most bland sandwiches! How anyone enjoys their half assed sandwiches is beyond me. I eat healthy so I avoid the place, back when I was young and ate for flavor I avoided the place. Their cookies are very good though, I miss them. Lol

/flame suit on

JohnLT13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2012
Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but Subway sucks! The worlds most bland sandwiches! How anyone enjoys their half assed sandwiches is beyond me. I eat healthy so I avoid the place, back when I was young and ate for flavor I avoided the place. Their cookies are very good though, I miss them. Lol

/flame suit on

I went to subway once. ordered an italian sub," is that all the clerk asked"
yes I answered and walked out with a roll full of meat only.:cool:
Who knew. Terrible IMO

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I went to subway once. ordered an italian sub," is that all the clerk asked"
yes I answered and walked out with a roll full of meat only.:cool:
Who knew. Terrible IMO

My problem with them has been the opposite, no meat! Just bread. Plus it's all processed meat and cheeses anyway loaded with sodium, bread loaded with hidden MSG and still somehow lacks flavor. Never had there veggie delight but at that point I'd just grab a salad from somewhere.

Brilliant marketing I give them that though.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
I'm a vegan, subway is a no go#
It doesn't have to be.
What menu items at SUBWAY® restaurants are vegan/do not contain animal-derived ingredients?
The menu items that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients are the Veggie Delite® on Italian bread and the Veggie Delite® salad. These individual items do not contain animal-derived ingredients: all vegetables, oil, vinegar, mustard, sweet onion sauce and fruizle. The 9-grain wheat bread contains honey but no other animal-derived ingredients.
It's stupidly expensive for what you get though, if I want vegan fast food I tend to go to McDonalds and get anything with a veggie patty minus the mayo.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
So i have the white 5. I used to have a bla k 4. Im a jailbreaker so the bootrom exploit is awesome. I miss the design, and also the toughness of the 4. I miss ios 5 too, for google maps and yotube. So i think im going to downgradeto a 4 at least just for summer. Thoughts?

It's a good thing you edited the Title of this thread, or it might appear to have gone OT after about three posts!

Fun thread, whether that was your original intention or not...:D

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
What jailbreak feature/app do you love/need so much that it using iPhone 4 over your 5?

Boot rom jailbreak, iOS 5, downgradeable, I like the design better, it's more sturdy.. I'm just gonna miss LTE temporarily, but when I switch back, LTE will seem like the day I upgraded to the 5 from the 4 :D

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Simple is the best way to go with sandwiches. This is what I like: Italian bread, turkey, pepper jack cheese, spinach, chipotle sauce, crushed black pepper.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
How is it 2013 and this has not happened?
2013 has let us down.
Subway used to have a decent hamburger/cheeseburger sub roughly 10 years ago that was actually pretty good. Wish they would bring that one back. Screw their meatball sub. That thing sucks.
Yeah that's not a yummy sandwich at all. I don't remember the hamburger one.

/flame suit on
Totally with you. Hence the veggie and that's about it. Every so often I get the spicy Italian. I love firehouse subs for sure though.

I make some pretty slamming meatballs so I'm picky. Oh and the OP may be sane. I'm unsure.

sweetestbaboon

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2011
It doesn't have to be.

It's stupidly expensive for what you get though, if I want vegan fast food I tend to go to McDonalds and get anything with a veggie patty minus the mayo.

Where do you live that McD's still has a veggie burger (& are you sure it's vegan)? NYC used to have one, but no mas. Also- buyer beware- McD's fries are not vegan or even vegetarian- they are flavored with beef (sad but true!).
Bk has the Bk Veggie which is actually quite yummy but not vegan due to egg as an emulsifier.
My lovely bride's vegan, I'm only vegetarian- I love the Subway veggie patty with extra chipotle- just had one & so so happy in my stomach right about now.

Beenblacklisted

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
Miami,Fl
2013 has let us down.

Yeah that's not a yummy sandwich at all. I don't remember the hamburger one.

Totally with you. Hence the veggie and that's about it. Every so often I get the spicy Italian. I love firehouse subs for sure though.

I make some pretty slamming meatballs so I'm picky. Oh and the OP may be sane. I'm unsure.

MEatball recipe pretty please?, i love a good homemade meatball sub, subway meat not for me

Last edited:

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Where do you live that McD's still has a veggie burger (& are you sure it's vegan)?
I live in the UK, do they not sell them at all restaurants? I know someone who works there, so he has to know the allergens in everything, he confirmed that they're vegan (in the UK at least).

Also- buyer beware- McD's fries are not vegan or even vegetarian- they are flavored with beef (sad but true!).
It seems to be debatable.

NYC used to have one, but no mas.
NYC has some of the best vegan food I've ever eaten, just at slightly pricier places than McD's :(

Bk has the Bk Veggie which is actually quite yummy but not vegan due to egg as an emulsifier.
That's what I'd expect at most places, I'm still surprised about the McD's veggie patties.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Well I loved the 4 but could never go back after my 5 (and my carrier is only rolling LTE later this year). :D

As for sandwiches. Pbttttt to all these crappy US fast food chains. :p

If I want a nice sub I can get one at a great little shop not far from my office. Italian sandwiches. Real baguette with either mustard or olive oil drizzled and a fine selection fo toppings. Bresacola, salami or mortadella, provolone or parmesan, you can go light and get fish and loads of fresh veggies-or get heavier fried eggplant or dried tomatoes. I have to be careful with some of the toppings which include fresh garlic. Also gotta make sure I keep the bottom of sub in the bag if I get olive oil drizzled on it...it can drip. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.