Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I am 6 months into my factory warranty, can I have it removed and returned to BH? I no longer need it.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
The warranty that came with the system is part of the system. If you mean you bought AppleCare then you can call Apple and ask for a pro-rated refund.

Note that if you did have AppleCare and sold your system, the person who bought it expects that the AppleCare will still be on the system.

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
The warranty that came with the system is part of the system. If you mean you bought AppleCare then you can call Apple and ask for a pro-rated refund.

Note that if you did have AppleCare and sold your system, the person who bought it expects that the AppleCare will still be on the system.

Yeah, but people are cheap apparently ... and this guy wants it to be cheaper and told him I can do that if I can remove the applecare.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Yeah, but people are cheap apparently ... and this guy wants it to be cheaper and told him I can do that if I can remove the applecare.

so the person you are trying to sell your computer to wants you to get a refund on your applecare and knock that much off your asking price?

i personally would tell him to shove it, but yes - you can get a pro-rated refund on your APP. There's also a cancellation free - $25 i think.

check out the apple page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE52

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
so the person you are trying to sell your computer to wants you to get a refund on your applecare and knock that much off your asking price?

i personally would tell him to shove it, but yes - you can get a pro-rated refund on your APP. There's also a cancellation free - $25 i think.

check out the apple page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE52

That is fine, and yes that is what he wants ... cheapo!

Nov 28, 2010
located
link goes to vbulletin, restricted

It is because you have not access to the Marketplace sub-forum.

You need a minimum of 250 posts and have been registered here for at least 180 days to be able to access the Marketplace.

Where is the Marketplace forum?
You will not see the Marketplace forum until you qualify to use it.
Only users with a history of 250 posts (user title 6502 or higher) and membership for at least 6 months can access the Marketplace forum.

Mac Rumors Forums Rules
Mac Rumors Forums FAQ

The Rules and FAQ can be found on every MR Forums page on the top.
MR_FAQ-RULES_link.png

sick z33

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2008
The market for Macs is weird in San Antonio too. People would rather have you remove the Applecare to make the price cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.