Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Realmac Software
, part of the team behind the intuitive gesture-based to-do app Clear, has just announced a new iPhone photography app called Analog Camera.

Analog Camera has been designed as the iOS version of the company's Analog photo editing app for the Mac. Like Clear, Analog Camera will feature a gesture-based interface along with a number of different filters and camera modes.
For Analog Camera, we've really focused on the core features that were important to us - stunning filters, incredibly fast and easy to use, and most importantly, FUN! With a beautiful fluid interface, and all your favourite services ready to share a photo to, Analog Camera is all about making photography fun again - and coming soon to your iPhone!

As can be seen in the preview video above, Analog Camera uses a simple, no-frills design with easy access buttons for both filters and photo sharing. The app is expected to be released later this month and interested users can sign up to be notified of its debut.

Article Link: Makers of Clear Tease New iPhone Photography App 'Analog Camera'

M

Mr.damien

Square, flat, square, boring.

Looks like all others square and flat apps.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
I prefer pulling out my EF 40mm f/2.8 on my 6D

Attachments

• AB_114513_1.jpg
    AB_114513_1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 146

blue22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
"analog" never looked so boring...

Wow, what an underwhelming photo-app if I ever saw one.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Oh boy another camera app to go in my camera app folder.

My thoughts exactly, and the sad part is, that it will be on my iPhone.

EDIT: On second thought, probably wont, I just remember that "Clear" goes for 1.99, a To-Do app that looks cool, but offers nothing special and if you want to sync to your mac, you can, but it will cost you 6.99.

M

Mr.damien

I prefer pulling out my EF 40mm f/2.8 on my 6D

OMG, Physical Skeuomorphism.

Should put it under a roadroller to make it flat, dip it in acid to remove any textures, then you can use it again and looks cool :cool:

sensel

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
Simple is simple

It is supposed to be a simple camera app based on simplicity. That does not mean no frills or no extras. Simple just works.

For those who don't like simple, there will be a Baroque decorated version coming soon. It will take you 10 minutes to take a picture but, you'll love its non simplicity and rich but totally useless decorative elements.

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
My thoughts exactly, and the sad part is, that it will be on my iPhone.

EDIT: On second thought, probably wont, I just remember that "Clear" goes for 1.99, a To-Do app that looks cool, but offers nothing special and if you want to sync to your mac, you can, but it will cost you 6.99.

Yes I'm really wondering what they will try to charge for this.I do have iOS clear and love it but no way I'm paying that for the Mac version.

torturegarden

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
False advertising

Unless they simulate a shutter speed dial, aperture ring, etc., it should not be called "Analog Camera". There are plenty of cheezy filter apps already, another one is not needed.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Yes I'm really wondering what they will try to charge for this.I do have iOS clear and love it but no way I'm paying that for the Mac version.

It will be $0.99 and will launch later this month.

EnergonCube

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
If you're gonna be late to the party, it's best not to be boring. If hope there's more to it than what that crappy preview showed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.