Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As noted by 9to5Mac, Apple today seeded build 12E52 of OS X 10.8.4 to developers. The release comes seven days after the previous build 12E47 and marks the seventh beta iteration of OS X 10.8.4.

12e52.png
As with previous beta releases, Apple continues to ask developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

The update is available through the software update tool in the Mac App Store and Apple's Developer Page.

Article Link: OS X 10.8.4 Build 12E52 Seeded to Developers

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Great! I just want my favorite Mac site to be correct.

Thank you :) Sorry about that, I had typed it right uploading the image so just a small lapse of brain function I think!

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
The installer now has notes:

The 10.8.4 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and has features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
• Compatibility improvements when connecting to certain enterprise Wi-Fi networks
• Microsoft Exchange compatibility improvements in Calendar
• A fix for an issue that prevented FaceTime calls to non-U.S. phone numbers
• A fix for an issue that may prevent scheduled sleep after using Boot Camp
• Improved VoiceOver compatibility with text in PDF documents
• Includes Safari 6.0.5

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
The installer now has notes:

The 10.8.4 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and has features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
• Compatibility improvements when connecting to certain enterprise Wi-Fi networks
• Microsoft Exchange compatibility improvements in Calendar
• A fix for an issue that prevented FaceTime calls to non-U.S. phone numbers
• A fix for an issue that may prevent scheduled sleep after using Boot Camp
• Improved VoiceOver compatibility with text in PDF documents
• Includes Safari 6.0.5

I immediately noticed improvements in Wi-Fi with my current gen Airport Extreme Base Station. My current gen Mac Pro had some difficulties with the 5GHz network, transmit rates weren't as good as my MacBook Air running 10.8.4 in the same area of my home. Now it's getting 300, consistently. My local Wi-Fi has improved considerably.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 7.57.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 7.57.52 PM.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 5,929

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I immediately noticed improvements in Wi-Fi with my current gen Airport Extreme Base Station. My current gen Mac Pro had some difficulties with the 5GHz network, transmit rates weren't as good as my MacBook Air running 10.8.4 in the same area of my home. Now it's getting 300, consistently. My local Wi-Fi has improved considerably.

What's the "DFS" ( 5Ghz) mean ?

The DFS part. Not the 5Ghz part.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Do you use your Mac for real work, or just for startup/shutdown benchmarks?

The shutdown times for me are less about it being a problem and more about it being confusingly not fixed yet. I've had the exact same problem since Lion on my other machine (1st gen MacBook Air), but I doubt I would have noticed if I wasn't actively trying to see how much I could delete without breaking Lion and running it in verbose mode all the time (for fun of course).

Fortunately I finally have a real machine, and now I can entertain myself beyond browsing the internet and listening to the fans go off.

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
FFS, let's not start a shut down vs sleep argument again. You never ever in your life shut down your Mac? Good for you! That doesn't mean shutdown times should be that long. Period!

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
The shutdown times for me are less about it being a problem and more about it being confusingly not fixed yet.

Yes. I'm more concerned about who is steering the OSX coding boat right now than I am about the bug itself. It's quite telling on many counts. :eek:

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.