Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Batman89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
And we'll get it right again when we say that iOS7 going flat is going to be a huge disaster.

You just watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
I'll estimate this iOS has the most updates ever ;)People are gonna love it.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Ha what a flashback that was. I could spend a whole afternoon (if I had nothing better to do...like my job) just replying to those original comments.

If I have learned anything during my time as an Apple fan, its to just go with the flow. Apple usually gets it right, even when at first you might think they have gone mad.

I thought the iPhone 4 looked TERRIBLE when it first came out as the new hardware, and now I still think its the best looking smartphone on the market (even above the iPhone 5).

Bring on iOS 7. I am ready for whatever they have to throw at us!

Tander

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
iOS 7 won't be flat and "completely different"

My reason:

Apple and most developers cannot do a fresh OS from the ground up, changing everything with six months. There is just not enough time. Maybe with iOS 8, sure. I doubt iOS 7 though.

ufwa

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011
To be fair the iPod really didn't sell until nearly 3 years later with the introduction of USB connectivity. the itunes music store helped too. From there it took off.

The Apple TV on a somewhat similar track atleast 3 years in. Not sure if it'll skyrocket in sales though.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
To be fair the iPod really didn't sell until nearly 3 years later with the introduction of USB connectivity. the itunes music store helped too. From there it took off.

The Apple TV on a somewhat similar track atleast 3 years in. Not sure if it'll skyrocket in sales though.

And a $100 price drop. And then another $100 price drop for the iPod Mini.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
My first iPod was the old 20gb click wheel. I miss that old thing, but it failed on me within a year. I wish I still had my iPod classic. I had my last one for about 3 years (I went through about 2 of them prior), until it ended up dropping on the sidewalk and stopped working, otherwise I would have still had that thing

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality Distiortion Field™ is starting to warp Steve's mind if he thinks for one second that this thing is gonna take off.

Hehe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.