Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
I have been a avid follower of new iPhone/iPod/Macbook rumors in the past, but iOS 7 is the first time I have really followed and monitored rumors for the operating system. I for one, having hated the design of the iPhone 4 when it leaked, have learned that Apple knows what they are doing even before we understand as the consumer. I have faith that iOS 7 will be just what we need in an update to the iPhone software.

Having said that...what are the chances we see a leak of the design in the next few weeks? When iOS 6 was being rumored and tossed around I don't remember ever seeing anything prior to the WWDC announcement. I am getting anxious and want that exciting "first glimpse" that makes you feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

EDIT: And by leak I don't mean a beta version, I mean a screenshot.

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I have been a avid follower of new iPhone/iPod/Macbook rumors in the past, but iOS 7 is the first time I have really followed and monitored rumors for the operating system. I for one, having hated the design of the iPhone 4 when it leaked, have learned that Apple knows what they are doing even before we understand as the consumer. I have faith that iOS 7 will be just what we need in an update to the iPhone software.

Having said that...what are the chances we see a leak of the design in the next few weeks? When iOS 6 was being rumored and tossed around I don't remember ever seeing anything prior to the WWDC announcement. I am getting anxious and want that exciting "first glimpse" that makes you feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

0% reason being well it's not gonna happen!

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I have a feeling we'll get some sort of leak before WWDC. Maybe not a screen shot but some details about iOS 7 (and more than it's "flat").

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
My guess is, if you want to see what iOS7 will look like, turn on your phone and flip around a bit.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
I hope there isn't a leak.

Leaks completely ruined the surprise factor in iOS 6.

I agree. Leaks can be a huge let down. Sometimes it's just better to wait for the full announcement/demo at WWDC.

Either way. I'm excited. Will I look if there is a leak? Heck yes.

----------

I have a feeling we'll get some sort of leak before WWDC. Maybe not a screen shot but some details about iOS 7 (and more than it's "flat").

That's what I was thinking too. It's hard to believe that with so many people running ios 7 already that someone hasn't caught a glimpse. I'm impressed by their ability to keep it under wraps. Much easier with software than with hardware obviously.

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
That's what I was thinking too. It's hard to believe that with so many people running ios 7 already that someone hasn't caught a glimpse. I'm impressed by their ability to keep it under wraps. Much easier with software than with hardware obviously.

Perhaps this is finally some of that "double-down security" that Tim Cook was talking about? :p

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
There hasn't been any major leaks of IOS other then IOS maps, Siri and some other "key" features. Apple is more known for iPhone leaks such as design and components. The first leak (that I can remember) was the design body of the iPhone 4. Then after that the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio

Attachments

• lolwut.jpg
    lolwut.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 194

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
With no real supply chain involved, the likelihood of leaks as we see with hardware is pretty slim.

Intrepid Apple employee with carry permission and poor judgement at a bar, you are our only hope.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
With no real supply chain involved, the likelihood of leaks as we see with hardware is pretty slim.

Intrepid Apple employee with carry permission and poor judgement at a bar, you are our only hope.

Unless Apple decides to let something slip to a friendly blogger. I'm hoping nothing leaks and its a complete surprise.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Tim said he was going to double down on security. It seems he is doing a good "jobs" this time. I prefer it this way, rather than knowing exactly what it will be like before it is even released!

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
My guess is, if you want to see what iOS7 will look like, turn on your phone and flip around a bit.
Quite the optimist, hoping Apple isn't going to follow Microsoft and Google down the flat trend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.