Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sschmelcke

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
im more interested in the online play of the macstore version. hope that comes out next week

sschmelcke

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
any reason why I lost 20 hours of gameplay after updating to 1.3.2? My save game is gone and I had to start over from level 1.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
any reason why I lost 20 hours of gameplay after updating to 1.3.2? My save game is gone and I had to start over from level 1.

No worries, the save data is still there! Go here where our support team walks you through loading your save data.

The update unfortunately is placing the save data in the wrong place. We are submitting a new build immediately that fixes the issue, but the above will get you going now. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Mac and PC are now in-sync with the 1.5 patch! Patch notes here.

Also, more good news...we will be launching the Psycho Pack a mere 24 hours behind the PC. Get ready for Krieg on April 15th!

MGregory666

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2013
UK

Also, more good news...we will be launching the Psycho Pack a mere 24 hours behind the PC. Get ready for Krieg on April 15th!

Awesome work guys :) Your doing an amazing job in keeping us up to date as possible with our PC counterparts.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway

Great news! Hope this will be a benchmark to upcoming PC/Mac releases :D

Stagesmith

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
Renton, WA
BL2: mac app versus steam

I only recently found out that the SHIFT codes don't work with the latest Mac APP version of BL2. I have already done 2 playthroughs and have a level 50 commando. I am now chewing through the DLCs, but since I took so long to get through the game all my bosses are levels 52,53, and 54.

If I buy the Steam version of BL2 is there a way to import my character from the App version?

I also just saw they have the expansion pac for BL2 that takes it to Level 61. It is not compatible with the Mac App version.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
I only recently found out that the SHIFT codes don't work with the latest Mac APP version of BL2. I have already done 2 playthroughs and have a level 50 commando. I am now chewing through the DLCs, but since I took so long to get through the game all my bosses are levels 52,53, and 54.

If I buy the Steam version of BL2 is there a way to import my character from the App version?

I also just saw they have the expansion pac for BL2 that takes it to Level 61. It is not compatible with the Mac App version.

I guess it should work if it stores your profile and game saves at a location shared by both versions.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx

Unfortunately, because of the way the Mac App Store works, the two versions are actually completely different builds. So you cannot transfer Borderlands 2 data from one platform to the other. We have an informative blog article on the subject here.

We are also working diligently on getting out the new DLC's up on the Mac App Store, one of which will allow for leveling up to 61 (Ultimate Vault Hunters Pack). I dont have an exact date for you yet, but look for it soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.