Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Busted! Looking like that Waldorf guy from the Muppets...:cool:

:D

I was pretty animated too:

Snoopy-Dance-3.jpg

Drafting a speech tonight for the pregame. Gonna be epic. I'm thinking horses...

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
twietee,

Foster; I don't remember anything being said when he had a groin strain for WBA's last game of the previous season - the replacement was at fault for the 3 goals conceded, helping Arsenal into the Champions League ahead of Spurs. In the dark this time too.

+1 on rotation being a headache for teams with players from Chelsea and Manchester City. :p

Underdogs - that was your plan. Should've known it was bluff; the only time a German team is underdog is when two German teams are playing. ;)

Best to the remaining 4,
OW

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Him and some really early red cards for both Walcott and Santi. :D

Rooting for the same. I've got a lead too, but this fantasy business is tricky. I'm pinning all my hopes on Wigan (for Spurs sake too). That's not a great feeling... Ironic, because swiftaw is the Wigan fan! Tricky business, I say.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
I've got Snodgrass and his 14 points trapped on the bench. Really hope Tevez doesn't play on Tuesday, but not holding my breath. :(

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I've got Snodgrass and his 14 points trapped on the bench. Really hope Tevez doesn't play on Tuesday, but not holding my breath. :(

That's always tough. You can't help but blame yourself. Rightly so, since it's all your fault. ;)

We've all been there. Keep your fingers crossed!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Congrats to hardly-athletic! That was a sound comeback..:eek::mad::)
Now, I can finally focus on the league again.

Well, and congrats to Tilpots of course. Good luck you two!

Omaha:

tumblr_lzayqu6OkH1qzdknio1_500.gif

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Good game, swiftaw. The WC payed off big time for me.

Congrats to Tom8. You and twietee battled! Cazorla really came thru for both of us. twietee, that was an excellent playoff run!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Right then, let's take a look at how things stand as we head towards the final Gameweek of the 2012-13 MacRumors season.

In the League, Prospect Park are still enjoying their lead at the top of the table and their gaffer silencio will no doubt be confident of securing his first MacRumors title this weekend. Here's the table in full...

37-League-Table1213.png

In the Cup, our two hard-fought semi-finals ended thus...

Omaha Latics 49 - 75 The Stoplights
T!llionaire Toyshire 54 - 60 Hardly Athletic

Commiserations then to our two losing semi-finalists swiftaw and twietee, but congratulations to Tilpots and Tom8 on reaching the Cup Final.

The-Stoplights_CupFinal1213.png Hardly-Athletic_Cup1213.png

This weekend, the two teams and their supporters will make their way to Wembley, the traditional home of the MacRumors Cup. The world famous Wembley Stadium is still refusing to take our calls and so once again we will be heading to Vale Farm, home of non-League Wembley FC.

067600_aeb7901b.jpg

The stage is set for what I hope will be a classic Cup Final, and which ever way the result goes one thing's for certain – the MacRumors Cup will have a new name engraved on it this weekend.

Good luck everyone! :)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
This weekend, the two teams and their supporters will make their way to Wembley, the traditional home of the MacRumors Cup. The world famous Wembley Stadium is still refusing to take our calls and so once again we will be heading to Vale Farm, home of non-League Wembley FC.

Vale Farm? Great! I'll take that seat over there in the shade and a couple of cool beers then.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Vale Farm? Great! I'll take that seat over there in the shade and a couple of cool beers then.
Plenty of seats for us all, take your pick! :)

ValeFarm.png

Unfortunately though, the law in Englandshire states that you can't drink beer in view of the pitch at a football match. You'll have to enjoy your foaming stein around the back of the stand I'm afraid. :(

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC

Plenty of seats for us all, take your pick! :)

Unfortunately though, the law in Englandshire states that you can't drink beer in view of the pitch at a football match. You'll have to enjoy your foaming stein around the back of the stand I'm afraid. :(

I'm up for a few coldies before the match and at halftime. Funny, when I dreamed of playing at Wembley, I thought it'd be a bit bigger. Just happy to be here though, so no complaints from me.

I'm going camping with my family and my old college roommate's family this weekend in Black Mountain, NC. Good chance I won't have cell reception. I'm gonna freak out of that's the case. Anybody willing to send smoke signals?

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I'm going camping with my family and my old college roommate's family this weekend in Black Mountain, NC. Good chance I won't have cell reception. I'm gonna freak out of that's the case. Anybody willing to send smoke signals?

Sorry, I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't smoke any longer :(

I'm secretly rooting for the Stoplights, even though they battered my ass, since the iToys were knocked out! And I've gotta root for someone! :D

Good luck to both finalists, and to all members of the league! I'm aiming for Europe this season!

Edit. Just looked at last season's results of the league, where I finished 16th out of 27 (which I was fairly proud of). This season, with one game remaining, I'm 7th, with more than 200 points higher than what I had last time. After the end of last season, I mentioned (in jest) that I was aiming for a top four finish, but in reality I'm suitably impressed with myself for climbing so many places, especially against more teams and a tough opposition (with the points I had last season, I would be in 20th place at the moment)! It's not an easy league but it's certainly great fun, and that's what really matters. It's been a lot more populated and this thread has been busier too..

What I'm trying to say is thanks Jaffa for setting this up once again :eek:

/end emotional post

Last edited:

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Sorry, I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't smoke any longer :(

Good on ya. Tough thing to do. 3-1/2 yrs for me. :)

I'm secretly rooting for the Stoplights, even though they battered my ass, since the iToys were knocked out! And I've gotta root for someone! :D

:cool:

Good luck to both finalists, and to all members of the league! I'm aiming for Europe this season!

Edit. Just looked at last season's results of the league, where I finished 16th out of 27 (which I was fairly proud of). This season, with one game remaining, I'm 7th, with more than 200 points higher than what I had last time. After the end of last season, I mentioned (in jest) that I was aiming for a top four finish, but in reality I'm suitably impressed with myself for climbing so many places, especially against more teams and a tough opposition (with the points I had last season, I would be in 20th place at the moment)! It's not an easy league but it's certainly great fun, and that's what really matters. It's been a lot more populated and this thread has been busier too..

What I'm trying to say is thanks Jaffa for setting this up once again :eek:

/end emotional post

Well said. You had a great year. The league as a whole really progressed this year, IMHO. I know my team did. I've been playing fantasy sports for a loooooong time and this has been one of my most enjoyable seasons ever. Good group of folks here make it fun. Thanks all, and I'll join Andalusia in thanking Mr. Cakes for his pivotal role as commish. Job well done.

My final roster is set. The last transfer has been made and Captain chosen. Now I gotta big speech to prepare for the team. Not sure if I should try to fire them up or calm their nerves? Gonna have to feel the locker room out, I guess.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Yeah, if I wouldn't dislike the Stoplights so very much, I'd be rooting for them myself. Partly because Tom8 was kinda absent since he signed in, while Tilpots made a couple of funny remarks in his almost 100 posts and partly because I can see a couple of free beers coming from his direction..so go for it! :eek: :D

Oh, and now it's getting really awkward / emotional I mean, Thanks a lot, Jaffa!

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I'm very happy with my seasons in both leagues.

clawed my way from the bottom to 6th in the H2H and from the bottom to 14th in the fantasy league table... and it is still possible to move up one more spot there.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Well, tomorrow sees the culmination of our fantasy season and preparations have been going on today to make sure it'll be a day to remember.

The MacRumors Cup has been returned from the ffmiphone trophy cabinet, and has been given a good buff so it's nice and shiny ready for the presentation tomorrow...

The+FA+trophy.jpg

Herr Klinsman has got the MacRumors Chopper all fuelled up and on stand by should it be needed to whisk the League Trophy to the eventual winner...

Klinnsman Copter.jpg

And an opera singing lass is ready to kick the whole thing off with a stirring rendition of the traditional MacRumors Cup Final anthem, Let's Get Ready to Rhumble...

article-2283523-18397743000005DC-192_634x477.jpg

Good luck for the final day everyone, and I'll see you all tomorrow evening to crown our 2012-13 champions. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.