Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
iOS devices have moved to the Fall it seems, so I wouldn't expect any of these.

iPods are always in the Fall, this trend hasn't been broken in forever.

Apple TV or iWatch isn't ready yet.

Macbook Air refresh maybe, since supply constraints have been observed. But nothing in Intel's roadmaps hint at any substantial upgrades to the line up until late Summer/early Fall.

Haswell should be a good upgrade for the mobile platform. OEM's already have the chip.

M

Mr.damien

Cook OFFICIALLY stated that hardware updates would not take place this summer but rather by the end of 2013/beginning of 2014. I think this WWDC is going to focus on iOs7. I def won't complain about that. Maybe MacBook refreshes but I doubt it.
Good idea though

No, he said that no NEW products will be launched before fall. Refresh is not a new product...

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2003
Goes directly against all the big E3 pressers. Bad planning especially since gaming is so important to iOS.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
  • "Good Morning!"
  • "We are very excited!"
  • "This is a great time to be at Apple"
  • Updates about the business
  • iOS 7
  • iCloud Updates
  • iRadio
  • OS X 10.9
  • Haswell MacBooks
  • Mac Pro
  • Curtain

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Macbook Air refresh maybe, since supply constraints have been observed. But nothing in Intel's roadmaps hint at any substantial upgrades to the line up until late Summer/early Fall.
???

Haswell chips are supposed to launch June 4th [source]. From other articles I've read, OEMs already have chips on-hand. It's very likely we'll see a full refresh across the lineup this summer, as soon as WWDC.

Fall will be all about the iPhone, iPad, and iPods.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Cook OFFICIALLY stated that hardware updates would not take place this summer but rather by the end of 2013/beginning of 2014.

Cook stated sometime in 2013, no specifics. New systems are usually announced with shipping estimates in the near future. I would be surprised if Apple doesn't announce a new Mac Pro and spec bumps in their notebook line alongside OS X 10.9 DP1 and iOS 7. That all depends on how far along development in both OS's has progressed, hopefully enough as developers need to get started on modding their app's. :)

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
Please please please let there be an iWork update. I payed £1500 for my laptop and I want there to be a proper fully functional office suite. iWork is very outdated and Microsoft Office for Mac is dreadful.

Also, please please please let there be settings toggles in notification centre in iOS (and let me hide that damn news stand app!!)

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Please please please let there be an iWork update. I payed £1500 for my laptop and I want there to be a proper fully functional office suite. iWork is very outdated and Microsoft Office for Mac is dreadful.

Also, please please please let there be settings toggles in notification centre in iOS (and let me hide that damn news stand app!!)

My understanding is that they just started hiring for iWork-related positions in March. I'm not sure that they can turn around a new product in that short amount of time.

Would be nice, but I'm not betting on it.

latts

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2008
iOS presentation

Wonder who will give the iOS presentation?

In the past this was Forstall so will it be Ive this time around? Not sure it will be given his reluctance on stage and in front of people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.