Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Sounds a bit far fetched to me, but it would be really sweet if it that is what's going to be presented.

Well, it's definitely a little far fetched with those products, but the concept might be good. Maybe substitute in things like iOS7 and iRadio.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Wonder who will give the iOS presentation?

In the past this was Forstall so will it be Ive this time around? Not sure it will be given his reluctance on stage and in front of people.

You never know. Maybe he's ready to completely accept his role as head of iOS including presenting his work.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004

I fear Apple has disappointed so much in recent years, that they can't hope to live up to the expectations people have for them to right the ship.

:apple:

Sorry, I think you've got that backwards.

I fear that people have so high expectations of Apple that they will be disappointed when Apple fails to live up to these unrealistic expectations.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
For heaven's sake, bring "Mail Rules & Filters" to iOS and iCloud already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Given the rates of adoption of iOS devices and Macs in the Enterprise and Military, I would suspect that there will be a focus on improving Mail and Calendar functionality going forward alongside continued vigilance around security.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Haswell should be a good upgrade for the mobile platform. OEM's already have the chip.

???

Haswell chips are supposed to launch June 4th [source]. From other articles I've read, OEMs already have chips on-hand. It's very likely we'll see a full refresh across the lineup this summer, as soon as WWDC.

Fall will be all about the iPhone, iPad, and iPods.

Hmm sorry.

I was thinking about when I read Intel had pushed Haswell back to Q3 of 2013, but apparently they are now releasing earlier. Desktop variants are still Q3 or Q4 though I thought, so perhaps that means no Mac Pro at least.

That's good news then. Perhaps some room for refreshed notebooks then.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Piece of advice to forum members here.

Go in with no or low expectations and then you'll be happily surprised or even excited. The higher you raise that bar - the more angry posts will follow.

Gdgtguru

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
Can we finally get some live updating app icons so it isn't eternally 72 degrees and sunny? Oh, and widgets, quick access to settings, overall update to the look/feel, etc?

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
my favorite time of the year. Its like being a kind on Xmas morning

I know what you mean! Apple keynotes are so exciting! Even if you know you're not going to be able to afford anything!

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Well here's to hoping they announce the next iPad! It'll be my first one and I have a lot of best buy rewards points to spend when it launches, but they expire in September!

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'd wager at the very least refreshed notebooks using Intels new architecture. Just like they did last year (as well as introducing rMBP)

I wouldn't count on it. If there's nothing in the OS that would leak hardware details they could decide to announce them later. Or even not at all and they will just turn on the website with their few little upgrades

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I'm gonna say that the WWDC is gonna be all about the new version of iWeb.:)

It makes sense that iCloud updates may come in the form of enhancements and additions to the functionality available today on iCloud.com. PhotoStream and iRadio are the two obvious items that will need a browser-based solution as they scale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.