Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
hmm

broken record syndrome online
tell us something actually new
rather than things in development
since eons ago... propaganda all
of it.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Cook OFFICIALLY stated that hardware updates would not take place this summer but rather by the end of 2013/beginning of 2014.

Nope he did not. He said there were exciting new things coming this fall but an update isn't necessarily the same thing as a new thing. so while you are correct that the main focus will be iOS, Mac OS etc cause it is their developers conference. However that doesn't mean they might not preview a few things especially if the software would leak it anyway.they know that folks will dissect the SDK etc and reveal what they find.

enigma2118

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2006
It makes sense that iCloud updates may come in the form of enhancements and additions to the functionality available today on iCloud.com. PhotoStream and iRadio are the two obvious items that will need a browser-based solution as they scale.

I was being faceticious, and talking about the old web page building software Apple used to have, iWeb. Got as far as '09 I think. Was up against other apps like Rapidweaver at the time. But iCloud updates do make some sense, but they will prob be just part of the iOS updates.

ccpoindexter06

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2013
For Apples Sake....

Based on the rising popularity of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the recent Consumer Report that ranked the S4 and the S3 ahead of the iPhone 5, apple better have a hardware refresh or the iPhone is doomed!:eek:

caligomez

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
San Juan, PR
Please Apple! Please release an updated Thunderbolt Display. I've been waiting a while for these, and with two thunderbolt notebooks in my house, this would make the perfect addition..

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Please Apple! Please release an updated Thunderbolt Display. I've been waiting a while for these, and with two thunderbolt notebooks in my house, this would make the perfect addition..

I'm not sure what they could add in an update at this point. There is no way that retina panels are anywhere near ready for this size of display. My guess is that we're at least 1-3 years away from retina TB displays or iMacs.

latts

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2008
I'm not sure what they could add in an update at this point. There is no way that retina panels are anywhere near ready for this size of display. My guess is that we're at least 1-3 years away from retina TB displays or iMacs.

USB3.0 ports instead of the current USB2.0

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
I'm honestly more excited for the OSX and iOS updates then hardware just because to me, iOS 6 sucked compared to 5. I hope the iOS 7 and all the hype pays off. Now I'm sure there's people happy with iOS 6, but personally since I'm not upgrading my products for a bit - iOS 7 better have cool features so I don't feel outdated. And I hope my iPad 2 can run it. I'm trying to squeeze one more year out of it before upgrading. It's been just over 2 years. C'mon iPad 2, one more year baby!

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Damn. Isn't the Microsoft E3 conference at the same time?

And the Sony that day too?

Those combined with my results are going to make this day mammoth sized.

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
They've been so quiet this year w/ new products etc. don't know what's going on w/ apple but alot of folks are jumping ship to Samsung. That's scary. Not sure why they're taking such a chill approach
Apple is doing what they always have done. They're not releasing things just to release them. I admire Tim cook for not rushing things.

Macboy Pro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Based on the rising popularity of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the recent Consumer Report that ranked the S4 and the S3 ahead of the iPhone 5, apple better have a hardware refresh or the iPhone is doomed!:eek:

lol, doomed??? :D

The iphone is a bit 2010ish but not doomed!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
so when can we officially start to complain about the lack of new mac pros... :rolleyes:

can we take a forum vote? how about now? I'll start... c'mon apple i'm dying for new mac pro

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011

USB3.0 ports instead of the current USB2.0

Ahhh, good point. Although that feels like more of a silent update than a keynote topic to me.
Yeah, doesn't have to be retina. As of right now, the entire iMac is thinner than the TB display alone.

I imagine they will update it with the Mac Pro since they are likely often purchased together.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
next ios7
next macos with update for iMessages iCloud with better graphic drivers that are almost identically with the performance of win drivers, wifi ac, and faster safari

haswell macbook line up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.