Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcyphermd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
I would love to put swype/slide it/ or swiftkey on my mini ipad. I use my ipad for electronic medical records and an easier data entry would be nice. Any suggestions?

rcyphermd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
how do I install it? I cannot find a way to download it on my mini ipad.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
how do I install it? I cannot find a way to download it on my mini ipad.

Simple answer, you can't. Complete answer, only if you jailbreak it.

For a device that is meant to be typed on using two hands (unlike smartphones), I don't see the benefit of swiftkey/swiping-based entry methods. That said, did you know that you can split the keyboard into two pieces which may be helpful in certain typing scenarios? Put two fingers on each side of the keyboard and drag outwards horizontally (like pulling something apart).

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
There are Swype apps in the App store, though none as good as the Android input. I've tried a couple but none that were worth recommending. You install it just like you install any other app.

rcyphermd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
I understand that iPad is designed for two hand input. But once you use a swype type input method, you realize how quick and efficient and frankly, fun it is.

Can someone help me jail break it to install swype?

What are the swype type apps in the apple store?

Thanks for your help!

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
An article purports that Apple is in talks to bring the swype keyboard to IOS, but that will likely be IOS8 earliest. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.