Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple started running a new iPhone ad this evening called 'Music Every Day', the second in a series that launched last month with a spot entitled 'Photos Every Day'. Both ads in the campaign focus on people actually using the phone, rather than just the phone itself.

Every day, more people enjoy their music on the iPhone than any other phone
In a series of colorful clips, the iPhone is used by owners to listen to music at school, in the shower, at the gym, at a club, at a swim meet and more.

Article Link: Apple Posts New iPhone TV Ad 'Music Every Day'

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
0:18 - Careful. You could set off the water sensors.
0:36 - What, you're going to jump into the pool with your iPhone? That'll definitely set off the water sensors.
0:52 - Stahp.

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2008
Better than the cheesy commercials for the iPad with the screaming people.

Lifequest

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
Yes, bring back simplicity!

While some scenes can be a bit too blissful. I'd say it's pretty accurate!

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Simple, colorful, engaging and cultured ads. Excellent job. Much better than the ones from other companies taking jabs and cheap shots at their competitors.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
When I was in DARE in 6th grade, we learned the major advertising techniques that sellers of alcohol would use to try to get us to drink.

These new ads are the most textbook versions of what DARE called bandwagon-advertising, i.e., "everyone else is doing it."

The ads might be better without the tagline, as I'm not sure how much people really want to do what everyone else is doing.

I can't remember all the other advertising techniques; though, one was using celebrities, which Apple has also done recently.

I like ones that are a little less obvious in technique.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
When I was in DARE in 6th grade, we learned the major advertising techniques that sellers of alcohol would use to try to get us to drink.

These new ads are the most textbook versions of what DARE called bandwagon-advertising, i.e., "everyone else is doing it."

The ads might be better without the tagline, as I'm not sure how much people really want to do what everyone else is doing.

I can't remember all the other advertising techniques; though, one was using celebrities, which Apple has also done recently.

I like ones that are a little less obvious in technique.

I won't lie, I did a lot of things in the past because "other people were doing it", but I got laid in high school so definitely all worth it.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Yea I really liked this ad too. Agree that back to simplicity is a great thing for Apple.

Also, I'm assuming some of these shots might be from other countries, which is if it is, is a nice touch too.

ArchAndroid

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
London, England
This ad was simple and beautiful but it didn't need any narration; it was self-illustrating. Apple commercials without speaking >>>

Also, for an add which highlights the musical features or 'iPod-ness' of the iPhone, would it kill them to actually show a Touch or a Shuffle in these commercials?

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
The talking ruined it.
They shouldn't have anyone narrate anything and just have it say 'iPhone'...then the apple logo.
the talking is redundant - adds no value and makes it go down to a used car ad level of cheap.
The Macbook Air ad with the folio was great - conveyed the message. the thing is thin. it didnt need a random person saying 'lightest notebook in the world...if you want to be popular buy this!'...

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Odd enough but truthful. Everywhere I go I have my iPhone 5 and ear pods. Of all the phones I've had, the ear pods really made a huge leap in sound quality and working seamless with the music player in iOS. The best Android experience was with my Galaxy Nexus and the headset from my Galaxy S3.

The simplest thing with the iPhone spoiled me since the days of the 3GS. Volume control on the headset.

The only other device that did this for me was my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and the classic BBOS. Not sure if the new models are even compatible as the extra buttons failed with my PlayBook.

AriX

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2007
Weird typography choice at the end.
iPhone just switched from Myriad Pro regular to Myriad Pro light and now they switch to bold?
I believe the lighter variant is usually used for the "iPhone 5" text, whereas the "iPhone" text is usually set as before.

tjl3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
The talking ruined it.
They shouldn't have anyone narrate anything and just have it say 'iPhone'...then the apple logo.
the talking is redundant - adds no value and makes it go down to a used car ad level of cheap.
The Macbook Air ad with the folio was great - conveyed the message. the thing is thin. it didnt need a random person saying 'lightest notebook in the world...if you want to be popular buy this!'...

3 seconds of narration... c'mon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.