Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
I want an app for Uni that I can write down what I have to do each week, and tick it off, like the in-built Reminders app. Unfortunately, with the Reminders app, I either need a list for each week, and then 4 classes worth of things to do in 1 list (messy), or 4 lists for each class, each week, which would be so many lists (4x13).

I'm not sure what would work, though sub-headings could be cool. Say I have a list called 'Week 1', and then in that list 4 sub-headings, 1 for each class. Basically the Apple Reminders app, but with headings. So it would look like this:

List 1: Web Design
– Read Notes
– Do Activities
Programming
– Do Activities

List 2: Web Design
-Read Notes
-Do Activities
etc

Does anyone know of any apps that would work well for this? Thanks!

kmaute

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2008
USA
It's worth the money. If you have some time before you need it, wait until version 2 and it'll be around $40. The iPhone and iPad Apps can get pricy but you'll end up with the best setup around, especially if you spend the summer reading and implementing GTD by David Allen. You'll never miss a deadline again, save for sheer neglect or ignorance.

Virtual Steve

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
If OmniFocus is overkill or not within your budget constraints, you might also want to check out List Omni Lists by Ontomni:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/list-omni-lists/id285006097?mt=8

It'll only set you back $2.99 USD and it's pretty easy to customize - you can definitely create as many sub-headings as you need. I've used it quite a bit.

Maybe someone who uses Evernote can chime in. I've never actually used it myself, but this sounds like something that Evernote might be able to handle as well. Just not sure if it can do sub-headings for you.

There's no shortage of these types of apps in the AppStore, that's for sure :D

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
At the moment I'm using 2do which I quite like.

Evernote doesn't do subheadings as such but you could just create your own headings and use lists with check boxes.

Things is also nice.

Another option for you could be an outlining app, they always come with check boxes and it's easy to make subheadings and indented lists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.