Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old May 24, 2013, 08:48 AM   #51
jrswizzle
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro-ninja View Post
I know this is a joke, but I kinda like that honestly.....not that I would for a while, but it looks cool.

Anyways, you guys are ridiculous.....Apple CAN'T copy the competition huh? Well I guess let's forget toggles and everything else people have been clamoring for forever......

Why isn't it that you can't simply be excited for the way Apple will implement these new features and such? I guarantee it won't be the same as how Android does things.

And I wasn't aware iveOS 7 had already been released? You'd think that was the case given how many people claim to be "giving it up" or getting so pissy over it.....

Seriously....get a life. It baffles my mind how dramatic some of you can be over an OS that hasn't even been released or demoed yet!
Old May 24, 2013, 08:48 AM   #52
SpectreOne3
macrumors member

Doesn't seem like the move towards retina displays and a black and white-centric iOS would makes much sense.
SpectreOne3 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:48 AM   #53
till
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFMNX View Post
Years ago a university design team was working on a project and I was disappointed in the lack of color in the interface. The response was "color has meaning". Don't color things just to look pretty, it needs to represent meaning.
Colors are wonderful for quickly distinguishing different things, even if they lack a broader cultural "meaning". That's why it was so frustrating when the iTunes sidebar icons went monochromatic.
till is offline   20 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:48 AM   #54
phillipduran
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raftysworld View Post
All you people bashing it before you've seen it are pretty sad. Just by that description I can tell it's going to be amazing. It'll likely set the standard for mobile OSes just like the original iOS did. If you guys would actually use it before rushing to form an opinion then maybe you'd see that.
So you call people sad for bashing it before they see it then you say:

"Just by that description I can tell it's going to be amazing"

Soooo. Do as I say not as I do?
Old May 24, 2013, 08:49 AM   #55
brock2621
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleWarMachine View Post
sounds terrible, Jony Ive is overrated, but I will be buying a new iPhone either way
I agree. The most distinguished and sought after designer in the world is overrated.

So overrated in fact, that when Apple releases new products, entire product lines at competitors design factories change overnight to resemble them. ;p
brock2621 is offline   27 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:49 AM   #56
Steve J0bs
macrumors regular

Everyone is mad because they will never have as good taste as wittle Ive. I am excited! Change is good!
Steve J0bs is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:50 AM   #57
sza
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkerr69 View Post
Great idea! Put a hardware guy on software! Horrible, no new innovations. What a joke.
He is even not a hardware guy, he is a design guy. Apple should focus more on technology innovation rather than design innovation IMO.
sza is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:50 AM   #58
Steve J0bs
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreOne3 View Post
Doesn't seem like the move towards retina displays and a black and white-centric iOS would makes much sense.
I think black is really good for battery life? Could be wrong.
Steve J0bs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:51 AM   #59
Skika
macrumors 68020

I think it will be amazing. Cant wait.

My iDevices are ready
Old May 24, 2013, 08:51 AM   #60
asd789789
macrumors member

Just hope it'll support my iPhone 4... Anyone got informations about this?
asd789789 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:51 AM   #61
KieranDotW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvetio View Post
You were all complaining about skeuomorphism now shut up. this will be as flat as it is possible to be
+1. This is a HUGE change that I'm more than excited for. We're finally getting what we wanted and people are complaining. And to all those complaining about a lack of innovation, this is a news article, not the actual announcement. There could easily be more in store. And can someone please verify if anyone actually has a patent on panoramic wallpapers because honestly, I wouldn't know.
Old May 24, 2013, 08:52 AM   #62
scurry126
macrumors newbie

Ugh, this is gross. Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave right now.
scurry126 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:52 AM   #63
Sellewiet
macrumors member

I can already hear the announcement: "We revolutionized the UI interface by getting rid of the colors, that were slowing the system down. This changes everything again .... again. "
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tropic_thunder_tugg_speedman_action_hero.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	413619  
Sellewiet is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:52 AM   #64
Saladinos
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFMNX View Post
Years ago a university design team was working on a project and I was disappointed in the lack of color in the interface. The response was "color has meaning". Don't color things just to look pretty, it needs to represent meaning.
Exactly.

A way to use colour to add meaning would be, for example, to colour items by status or to add emphasis to particular items. It's also great for categorisation - people can scroll through long lists of red and immediately spot the one blue item.

I don't think that colouring every button in an app really adds to meaning, though - other than to remind you which app you're in.

This news is a little disappointing, but of course we've got to reserve judgement until we see it.
Saladinos is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:53 AM   #65
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Just a 3rd party mockup (simplyzety.com) but I like the concept. It's clean. Aesthetic clean up is a good start BUT I hope iOS7 will bring in some improved functionality as well -- better app organization, search, and file storage, and a native mail app that can screen out spam for starters.

Old May 24, 2013, 08:53 AM   #66
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd789789 View Post
Just hope it'll support my iPhone 4... Anyone got informations about this?
Of course not. Two weeks from Monday you should have more info on that.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:53 AM   #67
phillipduran
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreOne3 View Post
With a black and white non skeuomorphic design,the phone could be ultra snappy and have a real nice feel to the UI. It already blows away the competition, I imagine a more simplistic UI would be even better.

OLLYW - that was a relevant comment about Safari and the UI and contributed to the conversation :-/

Last edited by phillipduran; May 24, 2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: "Safari snappier" comment
phillipduran is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:53 AM   #68
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Delgado View Post
Ive got a good feeling about this.
It's either

Ive's got a good feeling about this.

Or

Jony's got a good feeling about this.

Or

I've got a good feeling about this.

Nine up votes, when I can't even figure out what you mean.
gnasher729 is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:54 AM   #69
Number 41
macrumors 6502a

90%+ of MacRumors didn't even know what the word "skeuomorphism" meant until the article was posted on here about Forstall being launched.
Number 41 is offline   12 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:55 AM   #70
AdeFowler
macrumors 68020

Prediction: it will be unanimously hated, then copied by everybody a year down the line.
Old May 24, 2013, 08:55 AM   #71
VulchR
macrumors 68000

I am going to wait and see what the new iOS looks like before making a judgment, but in general the best contrast between letters and a background is achieved by black text on a white background. There are many psychophysical reasons why that arrangement will allow a person to more easily read the information displayed. Color should only be used to distinguish sets of relevant objects and controls. Some of you arty types might want more splashes of color and skeuomorphism, but it makes the job of your visual system harder.
Old May 24, 2013, 08:56 AM   #72
Artofilm
macrumors 6502a

Geez I can't wait!!
You all forget that Apple would be nowhere without Jony Ive. I personally think without Jony, Apple would be nowhere today.
Old May 24, 2013, 08:56 AM   #73
WestonHarvey1
macrumors 68000

A separate FaceTime app is fine but I hope they're not talking about removing the button from the phone app. The ability to switch to FaceTime in-call is a really slick feature.
WestonHarvey1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:57 AM   #74
bbplayer5
macrumors 68020

Look at the Gmail app on iPhone to get an idea of what he is talking about. I love it but not on a 4 inch phone.
bbplayer5 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 08:57 AM   #75
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

I like skeuomorphism and animations. I've got no shame in saying it and don't feel compelled to jump on the bandwagon.
myrtlebee is offline   15 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion