Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdamper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2013
Denmark
Hi!

Here's a presentation of the issues of my Macbook Pro:

How did it begin?
I have a MBP 15 inch medio 2009 with lion OS 10.7.5. It worked fine until a couple of days ago. I downloaded a file, but an error message popped up saying that there's not enough space on the hard drive even though there's 22 GB free space. Anyways, I tried to delete some files but then another error popped op (error code -50) and I couldn't delete anything.

What did I do next?
I rebooted my mac and it was very slow to start up. When I finally logged on the system opened the last 3 used applications (even though I quit them by pressing command+Q). I could still not delete any files. Now I had another problem. I couldn't open any applications such as time machine, disk utility, dock preferences etc. etc. And I couldn't use safari. So, I rebooted and the same problem happened. I have entered the recovery mode (command+R at startup) ran a disk check, and it said there wasn't any problems with my HDD. In recovery mode, i couldn't format my HDD nor reinstall Lion. I opened up my macbook, disassembled my HDD and put it back in - didn't solve anything in particular.

Status quo:
Now, I can't log on my main user (it shows a plain white screen and logs out again). But I just managed to log on my guest profile and am currently copying my files to an extern HDD.

Does anybody in here have a clue of what the problem might be? Is it a hardware problem - if so, is it a problem with my HDD or motherboard (hope not). And could it be a software problem? Can you recommend a good disk cleaning aplication which I can run on the guest profile?

I sincerly hope, that some of you might help me out - and I hope there's a solution that might help others out as well.

Kind regards,

mr. Damper <3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.