Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YourHerojb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2011
Hey! I just wanted to share this with everyone at macrumors. I'm aware this sort of mod is already throughout the internet, but I was particularly proud of myself in being able to turn a one button mouse into a peripheral with primary, secondary, and a third click; the third of which controls scrolling, making this a fully operational mouse. All of this was done without changing the external aesthetics of the mouse.

I had one question for all of you though, is there any other (preferably free) softwares that can control click-to-scroll on a mac besides USB Overdrive?
It's working great for the time being but I would like to make the third button a hold to scroll button rather than hold or click to toggle.

I'm also glad to answer any questions you have about the process.

Attachments

• adb-mouse-g5431-1.jpg
    adb-mouse-g5431-1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,619

YourHerojb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2011
That's exactly what I did, only trick to it is lining up the clickers and cutting a new hole for the lasers. Not really any advantage or disadvantage to the mouse but if I could find the software I'd like to have its quite a cool new way to scroll.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Lasers? Where's the fun in that. I like the old style mouse where you could remove your colleagues mouse ball for fun when they were away from their desk.

YourHerojb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2011
With some of those gaming mice out there I wouldn't doubt it.

http://www.discountofficeitems.com/technology/peripherals-memory/keyboards-mice/mice/cyborg-gaming-mouse/p294293.html?ref=pla&source=pla&utm_medium=shopping_engine&utm_source=pla&gclid=CIL21oKTubcCFWJlMgodRVYA4g

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.