Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacRumors will be providing live coverage of Apple CEO Tim Cook's interview with Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher at D11: All Things Digital this evening in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. The interview begins at 6:00 PM Pacific Time / 9:00 PM Eastern Time. Tonight's session marks Cook's second consecutive appearance at D and should offer some insight into Apple's business, although Cook is extremely unlikely to make any major announcements.

mossberg_d11_cnbc.jpg
Cook's interview will not be streamed live, but we will be updating this post live with full coverage of the session and videos of conference interviews have traditionally been available for viewing soon after the sessions.

The Verge and Engadget will be providing their usual text and high-quality photos live from the event.

Mossberg and Swisher appeared on CNBC's Squawk on the Street earlier today to provide a preview of the session.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Live: Tim Cook's Interview at D11 Conference

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
In the linked video preview Swisher looks like she's part of a top-secret CIA extraction mission. And I suppose, in a way, …

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Tim Cook: "Juices are flowing, incredible innovations are coming out."

:cool::apple:

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Can't wait for the Kara Swisher foot in the mouth! I'll never forget the Kara Swisher Vs. Steve Jobs stare down....

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Swisher looks like a dude with that aviator glasses.

can't wait for the interview, i'm guessing the only leak for future products from tim cook would be the macs made in US which is the mac pro.

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Walt even said Good Morning in Steve's style. Speak of worship. Kara on the other hand was borderline ridiculous (as always) - those goggles from I don't know - 19xx?

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I remember watching QuickTime streams of live Apple events a long, long time ago. I know this isn't an Apple event, but it seems like live streaming has gone backward at Apple and also with this conference. Google doesn't seem to have much trouble live streaming huge events, and Netflix never buckled with Arrested Development. So, it is possible to do.

The WSJ even has a live-streaming "app" on the Apple TV. I checked it just in case they were going to show the conference on it, but there are no events until tomorrow at 3:30 AM when they show "Asia Today"! That's got to be one of the least used consumer TV services.

JayJayAbels

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2012
Exactly. Where is this audio that everyone is talking about?

Really appreciate a link if possible.

Thanx!

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I remember watching QuickTime streams of live Apple events a long, long time ago. I know this isn't an Apple event, but it seems like live streaming has gone backward at Apple and also with this conference. Google doesn't seem to have much trouble live streaming huge events, and Netflix never buckled with Arrested Development. So, it is possible to do.

The WSJ even has a live-streaming "app" on the Apple TV. I checked it just in case they were going to show the conference on it, but there are no events until tomorrow at 3:30 AM when they show "Asia Today"! That's got to be one of the least used consumer TV services.

My guess is that Apple stopped the live streams in order to put more emphasis on the live show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.