Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
IPads are great but iphones meh...

It sucks trying to keep your phone stuff in the same device as music collection, videos pictures etc.

I'd need a minimum 64gb iphone to pull that off with a lot of extensive music management.

I'll stick with a high end Android and ipod touch for music, games, occasional photos when I don't have my phone, and the occasional "not yet on Android" app

That way I get the best phone and the best media player

I see your point of having to separate devices - this is basically what im doing, just instead of high end Android im using my cheap Nokia in my daily life :D
and if i need camera, i'll grab my Canon... ;)

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Out of curiosity, what all of you doing with your ipod touch's since so many of you complaining about how its "lags, slow, unusable, and so..." ?

I don't have any plans getting new ipod touch any time soon, still happy with my 3G touch :)
im using it mainly for music, basic net surfing, itunes remote and games - aka casual use...

I can see why some of you like to have the newer model coz of the camera, but then i will get iphone... same with internet connection, if i would have the need for 24\7 access... don't see the point of carrying 2 machines in my pocket all the time... and just to make it clear - i dont have iphone or any other smart phone.

People forgetting that the main use for ipod's is music player, and im guessing this is way many having complains, coz they cant run the latest games, apps and so... if this is your main use for it, you should grab yourself iphone\smart phone or ipad...

I use my for Google Search, Music player and some basic web surfing. It stutters when I switch between apps.

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
You are only 19 years old. So I think you should buy iPod Touch 4G because it has very good features and price are also less to iPod Touch 5G. 5G price are $299 for 32GB and 4G prices are $249. Features are also more similar.

1-He already brought the iPod 5
2-Why buying an outdated iPod 4 that looks really cheap compared to the iPod 5, with the 5th has better specs? Plus, if the 4G discontinues before the release of iOS 7, it WILL NOT run it. 5G is better. I had one, and I am just so happy, while everyone has the 3G or 4G.
3-"You are only 19 years old."?

Last edited:

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
You are only 19 years old. So I think you should buy iPod Touch 4G...

I'm 15. I've had the 5th Gen since launch day and I bought it with my own money. I'm far from wealthy. So what's your point?

Also for anybody else in the same situation as OP then there is now a 16GB 5th Gen for $229/£199 that has no rear camera or loop strap. Apple no longer sells the 4th Gen.

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
I'm 15. I've had the 5th Gen since launch day and I bought it with my own money. I'm far from wealthy. So what's your point?

Also for anybody else in the same situation as OP then there is now a 16GB 5th Gen for $229/£199 that has no rear camera or loop strap. Apple no longer sells the 4th Gen.

Hehe... 4th gen is dead. Great idea for apple to replace it with a cheaper version of 5th gen. And the 4th gen was there a few days ago. So, no iOS 7 on 4th gen...

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hehe... 4th gen is dead. Great idea for apple to replace it with a cheaper version of 5th gen. And the 4th gen was there a few days ago. So, no iOS 7 on 4th gen...
There's a strong chance we'll see iOS 7 for the 4th gen, but it will not necessarily have all the new features.

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
There's a strong chance we'll see iOS 7 for the 4th gen, but it will not necessarily have all the new features.

Do you know Apple's pattern? When a new iOS comes up, they check all the iOS devices on the market, and they develop it for every available device. All discontinued devices will BE NOT compatible with the new one. So, iOS 7 will be available on iPod Touch 5G, iPhone 5, 4S and 4 (if iPhone 5S would not be out yet), iPad Mini, 4, 3, and 2 (if it will be still in stores). Plus iPod Touch 3G and iPad 1G runs at maximum 5.1.1.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011

Not gonna happen, that's why they pushed a cheaper 5th gen version out before WWDC.

4th gen is slow, iOS 7 would kill it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.