Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tar Sniffer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
In my free time today I decided to make a mockup of the lock screen based on the details mentioned in this recent 9to5Mac article about iOS 7. If you think it will look different, or you want to make a mockup of some of the other rumoured changes, than post your image here. I thought this would be a fun way to pass the time until WWDC :)

Edit: Earlier versions have been removed.

Last edited:

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
"the square-grid for entering a pin code has been replaced with round, black buttons with white text and white borders."

You still have a square-grid...

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
I'm sorry, nice effort, but that looks hideous! iIf iOS 7 is anything like that I defiantly will not be upgrading!

Tar Sniffer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
No offense taken. I agree that it doesn't look as nice as the current design, but that's mainly because I suck at Pixelmator. Don't loose faith on account of my crappy work ;)

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
In my free time today I decided to make a mockup of the lock screen based on the details mentioned in this recent 9to5Mac article about iOS 7. If you think it will look different, or you want to make a mockup of some of the other rumoured changes, than post your image here. I thought this would be a fun way to pass the time until WWDC :)

[url=http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y395/TarSniffer/ios7_lockscreen_mockup_zps3236928c.jpg]Image[/URL]

This is a nice touch, a bit strange but nice.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
I was a little confused by "square-grid for entering a pin code". If the article was referring to the keypad than they probably would have said that. Since I wasn't sure I went to the effort of trying a circular keypad, which is not at all practical, as you will see.

[url=http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y395/TarSniffer/ios7_lockscreen_mockup_v2_zpsdfec4ecf.jpg]Image[/URL]

Edit: I made an argument against this design, but I removed it since I think it may improve accuracy due to the larger buffer zone, despite the button's much smaller area.

What is your opinion?

I like everything except for the rectangular "emergency call" and "cancel" buttons -- they feel out of place now. Perhaps "emergency call" could be replaced with a red circle with "911" on it, and the cancel could just be a round black button with an "X" on it just to match the feel of everything else.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Perhaps "emergency call" could be replaced with a red circle with "911" on it, and the cancel could just be a round black button with an "X" on it just to match the feel of everything else.

If they do a US version of iOS only! 911 does not operate ouside US.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
If they do a US version of iOS only! 911 does not operate ouside US.

It does. Trust me. I've had a little cousin dial 911 from the UK on a GSM iPhone with a UK sim. Never let little kids use your phone! I thought it would be safe with the passcode lock on but seemingly not...

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
Is this a joke thread? Based on the "mock ups", I'd have to assume it is.

I am confident that Apple have infintely better taste than most theme designers, some of which just baffle me with their levels of hideousness:

Circles-Cydia-Theme-for-iPhone-iPad.jpg

circles-winterboard-theme-200x300.png

sshot-38.png

DeepTheme.png

Beyond ugly...

593986-boss-ios-now-available-theme-app-img_0872.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.