Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Berniemyk

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
iPhone 4S 64GB
Finder Problems

justperry:

I have been following your suggestion with great interest as I have the same problems.
I did open a new account and in that new account all the problems went away. However, in that new account my files and folder were not the same. for instance; iPhoto. I no longer have all my photos there and my Mail needs to be re-built.
As you have said, if the new account is ok, then its a login problem. How can I sort thing out and keep all my original files and folders in place?

Bernie

Berniemyk

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
iPhone 4S 64GB
Finder Problems

Ah! I attempted to repair Permissions and got this message:-

Warning: SUID file "Systems/Library/CareServices/RemoteMa...cOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete.

Does this have anything to do with my Finder problems?

Berniemyk

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
iPhone 4S 64GB
Finder Problems

justperry:
Hi, I have tried that and sadly it did not work. I opened a new account and that works well but I don't have all the access to my files and folders, My iPhoto is empty, my Mail has to be re-built again and mi iTunes is empty. What can i try next? Is there a way out of this?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
justperry:
Hi, I have tried that and sadly it did not work. I opened a new account and that works well but I don't have all the access to my files and folders, My iPhoto is empty, my Mail has to be re-built again and mi iTunes is empty. What can i try next? Is there a way out of this?

If you want help from me click on the Quote button instead of just adding a post to an older thread!

This is because you don't have access right to that User Account.

Try this.
1. In the new User Account, open terminal.
2. Enter the following text:

sudo mv /Users/****/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist /Users/****/Desktop

**** = The User Account name of your normal User Account.(The one with issues)

3. Hit Enter
4.Enter Password
(The above command will move that file to the desktop in your normal User Account)

5. Logout and into the normal (Affected) User Account

Did it work, please bare in mind that all Finders preferences are reset!

Last edited:

dBraf

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
Finder not responding help for a newbie

I disabled Growl 2.0 on startup/login - which helped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.