Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lenny.khazan

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
Guys, i get the feeling that Apple was looking for people 15+, coz they are close to getting a job and are more mature in their development experience OR they have made complex apps which are complex to code....
Anyways congratz to those who won and see you guys back to this post 1 year later :)

I'm 13 and got in.

joemost

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
Question

Anyone know if there doing the scholar ship again this year? What kind of apps do you guys have up that got you in? I am just wondering if I am qualified for it..

Thanks

Junrowson

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
I am one of the recipients

Hi, I am Jun, 20 and I'm one of the recipients. this is my submission app http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPTiTJwUhM .

My clue is that, Apple always puts design in the first place, tech in second. So, even if you are not experienced in programming or techy, as long as you are presenting urself differently from most of the developers, you might have a big chance. I mean, putting ourself in Apple's staff shoe, there might have thousands or ten of thousands who applied for this scholarship, they will of course judge the app by it's cover and if it's nice, they will only then look through the content.

Well, I mean no offense to those who didnt got it, it's just my experience and opinion from my senior.Honestly, I wasn't quite a techy guy, i have only 1 year experience in Obj-C. For those who won it, congrats, and for those who failed, dont give up! :apple:

JohnnyLegend

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
Hi, I am Jun, 20 and I'm one of the recipients. this is my submission app http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPTiTJwUhM .

My clue is that, Apple always puts design in the first place, tech in second. So, even if you are not experienced in programming or techy, as long as you are presenting urself differently from most of the developers, you might have a big chance. I mean, putting ourself in Apple's staff shoe, there might have thousands or ten of thousands who applied for this scholarship, they will of course judge the app by it's cover and if it's nice, they will only then look through the content.

Well, I mean no offense to those who didnt got it, it's just my experience and opinion from my senior.Honestly, I wasn't quite a techy guy, i have only 1 year experience in Obj-C. For those who won it, congrats, and for those who failed, dont give up! :apple:

I really liked your video Jun. Good job! Are you super excited about WWDC?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.