Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wwdc_2013_app_icon.jpg
One week ahead of the start of its Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, Apple today launched a new WWDC iOS app to help attendees stay on top of the latest news and events going on at the conference.

New this year is video integration, with all Registered Apple Developers able to watch session videos from the conference as they are posted daily. Apple has been posting session videos increasingly quickly after WWDC, and for the first time the company will this year be making videos available during the conference.
Make the most of the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference with the WWDC app. Even if you can't join us in San Francisco, you can still follow along each day -- session videos are just a tap away for all Registered Apple Developers.

- Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events
- Mark schedule items as favorites with a simple double-tap
- Watch session videos, available daily
- Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another
- Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see daily snapshots
- View maps to find your way around Moscone West
- Provide feedback on session content and speakers within the session details view
- Add your attendee information to Passbook for speedier on-site registration
wwdc_2013_app.jpg
WWDC 2013 kicks off with Apple's traditional keynote at 10:00 AM Pacific Time next Monday, June 10. Apple's WWDC app is available free of charge from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Launches WWDC 2013 iOS App With Session Video Integration

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Hmm... I wonder if the flatish grey on white interface is telling of anything. While I'm sure they wouldn't blindly give anything away, they would want this app to be consistent with the look and feel of iOS 7.

Edit: beat me to it!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It's a little bit flatter, but very similar to last year's app...Apple isn't going to tip its hand with this app, and there's no need to. The app is of most use during WWDC itself, and iOS 7 isn't coming to the public for months.

Will the app be live streaming the keynote?

Apple hasn't announced any live streaming plans, either in the app or elsewhere. They've done it before for media events, but not for WWDC keynotes where people are paying $1500+ to see it live.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
If this app icon is any proof..we have found out just how flat iOS 7 icons will be, more or less.

Loving the change.

sp3k0psv3t

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2013
Miami, FL
Yeeeeeeeeeahhhh

Finally some good faith from Apple ....

Hopefully a sign of the times of good things to come in anticipation from Apple at WWDC.

Thank You Apple

- From all of us who were unable to snag tickets to be there in person

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
This isn't interesting at all.

Similarly resembles last year app, and look at how iOS 6 turned out.

Mitchmalo

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
Can't find the app?

I'm looking in the AppStore and can't seem to find this app for my iPhone....

**Actually just got it to download, had to follow a link from the internet though. Didn't seem to be able to look it up in the search on the AppStore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.