Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I'm looking in the AppStore and can't seem to find this app for my iPhone....

Find another app published by Apple, then scroll to the bottom and tap on 'Developer Info' to see a list of all the other apps Apple publishes; the WWDC app should be at the bottom.

a6NnI88.png

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Will there be any live streaming for non-developers?

What non-developers would be interested in "Best Practices for Cocoa Animation", "A Practical Guide to the App Sandbox", "Optimize your Code Using LLVM" and so on?

Nothing goes without a developer id.

Torrijos

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
Meh I tend to code on my computer so I'm not a fan of the iOS apps / iBooks for devs.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
A clue to the new iOS7 look perhaps?

That didn't take long.

And I think yes. I can totally see Apple going to flat backgrounds, removing reflections etc.

----------

Will there be any live streaming for non-developers?

At this point there won't be anything for non developers. You'll likely have to wait until the keynote podcast goes up the next day etc

And the session videos won't be streamed. Rumor is that they will have a second room set up with a bunch of staff on loan from local stores etc prepping the videos as soon as each session ends. Perhaps even on the new Mac Pro.

Last edited:

01Shambrook

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Hornchurch, Essex
Find another app published by Apple, then scroll to the bottom and tap on 'Developer Info' to see a list of all the other apps Apple publishes; the WWDC app should be at the bottom.

a6NnI88.png

This very screenshot starkly shows the difference between previous Apple-designed icons and this new WWDC icon. Lack of gloss or pattern. May be looking into this too much but it seems a strong indication.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
The app may NOT hint at how iOS 7 will look. The WWDC 2012 app had a different interface, but iOS 6 largely looked the same as the older versions.

I think iOS 7 will look largely like the older ones. Apples not likely to go to iOS Metro. They will keep it essentially the same in looks but with perhaps these kind of icons, drop the pointless paper tears etc. then it will be engine fixes mostly. Remove bloat, shift perhaps a few bits to smarter spots. Change up stuff like how many apps you can 'bucket' together. And so on

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
so every year they release a new WWDC app? Why not just update it

Perhaps because the links from last yrs app still work for accessing the videos and folks could use those for getting stuff about iOS 6.

Or not. I just checked (yeah for being my companies internal devo) and previous years are present. So I'm going to change my guess on the thought that perhaps they would have had to change so much to update the previous app that it seemed pointless. And since the app is free.

Nalmond92

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
UK
Sessions might give an idea of what might be new!

Already seen a session titled "what's new in iBooks Author" so could be an update announced at WWDC.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
There ya go folks, a preview of iOS 7! Looks very similar to the music app which is not surprising at all since its the most different from all the other iOS 6 apps

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Sessions might give an idea of what might be new!

Already seen a session titled "what's new in iBooks Author" so could be an update announced at WWDC.

I'm more interested in iBooks which I hope will now include freestanding notes, being able to cross reference other pages and books with links. Perhaps adding audio notes or drawn notes. Even adding web links.

4mat

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
If this is a hint at the overall 'flat' look of iOS 7 I'm impressed. I know all the excitement should be about new features and und the hood improvements but ios is looking a little bit dated.

On another note its good to see Apple giving all access to registered devs.

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
if you can't discern the difference then somethings wrong with your eyesight

Are you looking at the right thing? The only difference is the new version has very slightly lighter grey bars with less obvious gradients. The corner arrows are also about 1mm bigger. The new one is missing the Favourites icon and Photos has become Videos. That's it.

It's nothing major at all. Definitely not a redesign, just a minor tweak.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
if you can't discern the difference then somethings wrong with your eyesight

I didn't say there is NO difference but I am saying that it looked largly similar to last years (which people also thought meant a new UI). Apple might share a few things in this app but they wouldn't release an app on iOS 6 that looks like iOS 7 for an event where they are going to announce iOS 7. Doesn't make sense. The app icon, on the other hand, I could see being a change Apple does implement.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
If this app icon is any proof..we have found out just how flat iOS 7 icons will be, more or less.

Loving the change.

Me too. I'd be curious how much file size difference there is between the current and this flatter style. And how well the flat ones might scale. I think that might be the key to this switch. Less complexity generally means less KB/MB and better the possibility of using one graphic over having to have 3-4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.