Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I must be in the minority - I quite like the linen in OS X. Not overused, and provides something different when instead you may see one, greyscale blob.

Of course, iOS is slightly different, as they just seem to chuck that in anywhere. But the login screen, NC and MC is just the right amount.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
What about betting on the name? I'm thinking OSX Bobcat! They could celebrate bringing production to the US by naming the OS after a north american native cat.

----------

:eek:

Gross. I honestly think it's the worse texture Apple has churned out and the grey is really depressing. That aside, what draws you to it?

Worst? Oh no, that would be the leather in contacts and calendar. AWFUL!

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
8) Have Safari use iCloud to provide syncing like Chrome does.

It already does that. I'm not exactly sure how Chrome handles it, but iCloud Tabs already syncs all of your devices, and Reading List is stored on iCloud as well, as are your bookmarks.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
It already does that. I'm not exactly sure how Chrome handles it, but iCloud Tabs already syncs all of your devices, and Reading List is stored on iCloud as well, as are your bookmarks.

If you do not know how Chrome does it, how can you know that it already does? At the end of the day no 'Top 5' browser handles syncing as well as Chrome and Safari is miles behind.

Chrome syncs History, most visited pages, recently visited pages, recently closed tabs, history, bookmarks....just to name a few things that it can do.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Now I'm not sure if there is a program for this but what I'd like to see is some changes to the PASSWORD system or logging in.

What I mean is if the screen save is on I don't want or need to use a password to get back to work but if I put my iMac to sleep for security I'd like to have a password. So without going ad changing the settings all the time it would be nice to have 2 or 3 levels.

Say settings for no password with just the screen saver
Then the option to have one if the screen turns off
and also a 3rd option for when the system goes to sleep or is logged out/turned off.

All it would require is a couple more options in the System Pref.

Yes I know there is an option for how long the password kicks in.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
6) Ability to use arrows for scrolling (Like Windows)

Do you mean the arrow keys or arrows that use to be on the side of the page?

----------

What about betting on the name? I'm thinking OSX Bobcat! They could celebrate bringing production to the US by naming the OS after a north american native cat.

----------

Worst? Oh no, that would be the leather in contacts and calendar. AWFUL!

Well the leather is kinda ugly in Calendar but i don't use it so doesn't matter too much to me. But i use contacts a bit more, and there isn't any leather in there so not sure what your seeing bro :)

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Arrows on the right side, I wouldn't use it very much while using a laptop but for the desktop I have it would be a nice addition.

What's the matter with using the scroll wheel or arrow keys or just dragging the scrollbar?

SanJacinto

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Milky Way Galaxy
I must be in the minority - I quite like the linen in OS X. Not overused, and provides something different when instead you may see one, greyscale blob.

Of course, iOS is slightly different, as they just seem to chuck that in anywhere. But the login screen, NC and MC is just the right amount.

Yeah, thought I was the only one.

And I hope that they don't kill mission control. Once you get used to it, it's great.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
If you buy a new mac product after WWDC this Monday we will get the new MACOS for free like it was for Mountain Lion?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
and if they do...that means i can get it for all my mac products?
It depends on how they handle it. They could assign it to the specific system or they could give you a code for the Mac App Store which would let you use it on any system you own. I think it has been a redemption code for the Mac App Store for Lion and Mountain Lion.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
yes last year i use "redeem" from app store
so if this will be the case again i can upgrade the others macs too and not the only one that i bought after June right?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
If we're going on about names, my bet is on OS X 10.9 Lynx and then OS X 10.10 Desert Lynx, but personally I'd like Serval and then White Serval!

ThunderRoad

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2010
There may be a dedicated thread for this type of question, so apologies if it's the wrong place.

I'm been on SL since I bought my MBP in 2010. Currently on 10.6.8 and it works as smoothly and quickly as ever. It really is a joy to use.

I've been thinking about updating to ML recently, partly because I've recently bought my first iPhone and I'm assuming it will integrate better. And partly, because frankly, I wouldn't mind a change in 'scenery'.

Anyone made a similar switch and care to share their experiences?

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
ML is slower & glitchier than SL, but it is still usable. my mid 2011 AMD mac mini with a Neutron GTX SSD runs it very well. I can't speak for your 2010 MBP though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.