Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniffs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
At the top where my icons are in the bar, I see a new "Chat" style icon that when I click it, says Notifications with a pause icon and a settings icon.

Clicking the settings doesn't do anything.

any ideas?

rossip

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2011
At the top where my icons are in the bar, I see a new "Chat" style icon that when I click it, says Notifications with a pause icon and a settings icon.

Clicking the settings doesn't do anything.

any ideas?

screen shot please! command+shift+4

sniffs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
ScreenShot2013-06-06at83233AM_zps2e3f01b6.png

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
It's something third party, you've got enough **** shoved in your menu bar...so who knows.

sniffs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
What do you see when you click the gear icon?

Nothing, it doesn't work.

----------

I've got no idea what that is, I didn't notice it on my system, does a certain app evoke it?

I'm not sure, this just started showing after I rebooted after applying the 10.8.4 update.

Not a huge deal, was just curious.

----------

It's something third party, you've got enough **** shoved in your menu bar...so who knows.

Yeah, I have a ton of stuff loaded :D

I don't really need a few of the things loaded, but with 16GB of ram ohwell!

d0od

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2013
Yep, it's the new Chrome Notification Centre. It was enabled by default in the most recent update to the Chrome Dev Channel, along with the new rich notifications types.

The cog doesn't work yet, but when it does you'll be able to choose which sites/apps are able to show notifications in it.

For added Chrome+Mac awesome, the new notifications can be dismissed with a two finger swipe just like Mountain Lion notifs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.