Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I have a Nikon P100. I want to film my wife's labor and I currently have a 32GB Class 4 SD card. Will Class 4 work filming 1080p video? Please advise before the baby gets here!

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Nikon recommends class 6 cards, but since the data rate of 1080p recordings with that camera do not even come close to the class 4 write capabilities (6 MB/s), you will be fine with it.

But to really find out, test it out for yourself and see, if your are satisfied with the results and if your SD card is up to it to write 14 Mb/s (1.75 MB/s) constantly.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the
MR_Edit_GoAdvanced_button.png
button below your message.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
I have a Nikon P100. I want to film the pregnancy and I currently have a 32GB Class 4 SD card. Will Class 4 work filming 1080p video? Please advise before the baby gets here!

Thanks guys

Considering that you are becoming a father I would think you would be no stranger to the statement "alright lets try it and see what happens" :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.